Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Recommendations for 19" (Quiet All Season)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I am located in Northern California (No snow. Minimal rain. Mostly dry weather). Looking for tire replacement for my 2019 Model 3. I have the Tesla 19" rims. The current factory Continental is great but the road noise is bad and the ride is harsh imo. I am looking for a recommendation for a 19" replacement tires that is more quiet and more comfortable ride.

Thanks.

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 are a very good tire. I had them on a 2018 VW Golf GTI (that was approaching 400HP) for 40,000 miles before I traded it in for my Tesla - I loved them. They replaced Continental's ExtremeContact DWS06 which were also really good tires. The Michelins were definitely quieter and the better performing tire overall. However, Continental released their ExtremeContact DWS06plus which I haven't tested myself but, I've heard they are now the best high performance all season tire (beating out the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4). You can't go wrong with either tire.

If the ride is too harsh, perhaps you can try swapping wheels with someone who has 18" wheels but wants 19" wheels.

Besides noise and ride comfort, do your preferences lean toward efficiency and range, high performance (handling, braking), or better snow capability for ski/snowboard trips?

I put General Altimax 365 AW tires on my car, size 245/45R18. They are much quieter than either the stock 235/45R18 MXM4s or the 235/40R19 Continentals that Model 3s come from the factory with. They're actually the quietest tire I've ever had on any car. They also ride better than either of those tires. They're also hugely better on snow and ice. For dry and wet handling, I'd rate them better than the stock 18" MXM4s, but not as good as the 19" Continentals, and well behind a good performance tire like Michelin All Season 4s or the Conti DWS 06 Plus mentioned previously. They are quieter and better riding than either of those tires however. It depends on what your priorities are.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2 and BitJam