TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tire repair kit... included with new Teslas in CA or not?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by wattsup, Feb 5, 2017.

1. wattsup

wattsup Member

I recently took delivery of my new Model S.

At delivery, not finding one in the car, I asked about the tire repair kit. The DS seems pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be included, and that I could buy one, but he seemed not totally sure it should have been included.

I read somewhere that Tesla doesn't necessary include the kit in all locations where Teslas are sold, sometimes depending on local regulations.

Taking delivery in California, should I have received a tire repair kit with a new Model S, or not?

2. livingthedream

I didn't get one. Tesla roadside assistance promptly brought a spare wheel/tire when I got a flat, which is better than a temporary plug in my mind.

3. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Never heard anyone claim saw, never saw anyone post so, didn't get one with my non-CA car.

4. wattsup

wattsup Member

The owner's manual for Model S says this:
    I knew I read it somewhere.

5. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

You need to buy the repair kit. It doesn't come with the car in CA.

• Like x 2
  6. hmmm

hmmm Member

What Patrick said. I also found out that many SC don't have many in stock, but that may have changed.