Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire repair kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased the Tesla tire repair kit. It comes with a setting just for air and one where it injects the goop to repair the hole. The latter can only be used once then it needs to be replaced. No tire repair kit comes standard.

I just purchased the Tesla tire repair kit. It comes with a setting just for air and one where it injects the goop to repair the hole. The latter can only be used once then it needs to be replaced. No tire repair kit comes standard.
Isn't the goop ineffective on tires lined with noise dampening foam (as with Model 3 tires) since the former can't form a proper seal directly on the "rubber" on the inside of the tire?

Reactions: Vawlkus
That would make sense...in theory it is a thin liquid that would be forced out of the hole...

i bought a plug repair kit with the tool you push inside with the rubber stuff you light on fire....

If you do use the slime in the tire with the foam the tire is scrap (it pretty much is regardless so any repair is temporary as the foam would probably not allow for a patch.

Last edited:
It says in the instruction manual that if you inject the goop then the tire needs to be replaced at your earliest convenience. Yes, I believe it's because the tire cannot be properly patched at that point. It's for catastrophic situations only where the tire is losing air too fast for the straight pump and just to get you to a safe place.