TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tire repair kit

Discussion in 'Technical' started by polything, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. polything

polything Member

I see lots of folks mentioning tire repair kit and small compressor
    please post a link for said tire repair kit.

flat = :cursing:

2. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

4. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

5. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I've used pressurized cans of tire repair sealant in the past on other vehicles. They works quite well and I carry a couple of cans in the Tesla.

6. kptesl

kptesl Member

If there is a nail or screw and it's not on the side wall, a more permanent fix is with a "tire plug kit". You can find this for $5 on Amazon. I carry that, pliers (to pull out a nail), and a 12v air compressor in my trunk.

7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Here is an excellent kit for tread puncture that the Tesla sealant/pump may not to be able to deal with: Safety Seal 30 String Pro Tire Repair Kit. Available on Amazon. It will not work with sidewall punctures.