Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Repair (reinflation) Kit - Does it Work?

ps83v18

Mar 12, 2021
Mississippi
Okay - sorry if this is a repeat .... but I’ve only been able to find incomplete or conflicting info so far ....

Has anyone used the Tesla tire repair kit (compressor and sealant)? Did it work?

Is there another reinflation kit out there that has been used successfully with the Tesla as-delivered tires?

Jsond

Sep 21, 2020
California
I haven't used tesla's reinflation kit but I used one from my older car which uses a compressor and sealant recently. I assume they work the same way and the sealant isn't some special compound that tesla uses. For me, I found out I had two nails after the repair. I was able to inflate my flat with the compressor with enough pressure to drive carefully to the closest tire store for the tire repair. I didn't use the sealant because I don't think its meant to be a permanent plug. I used the sealant on my previous car's tire and when I brought it to a tire shop to see if it could get patched they wouldn't touch the tire because of sealant. Learned my lesson from that experience.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC