Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire repair west of Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mcjin1

Dec 18, 2022
Hi, my tire has a slow leak and I just found a screw in the tire. The car just passed 1100 miles so I'm hoping I can find a good shop to patch it. Does anyone have recommendations for a good tire shop west of Boston (Newton, Waltham, Watertown area)?

Cheers,
Marc
IMG_20221218_095136.jpg

That puncture is too close to the sidewall to be repaired (no tire center would repair it.) Good time to purchase all-season tires that deserve to be called All Season. (The OE Continental Procontact RX tires perform really poorly in winter snow and ice conditions.) Look for all-season tires that carry the three moutain peak symbol as these are rated for winter use.

OE 19" size 255/45R-19, XL, 104Y

Michelin Crossclimate2 (In stock at Tirerack.com)
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season (AS) 4 (In stock at Tirerack.com)
Vredestein Quatrac Pro (Back ordered at Tirerack.com)
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus (In stock at Tirerack.com)
Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack (In stock at Tirerack.com)
General Altimax RT45 (In stock at Tirerack.com)
Goodyear Electricdrive GT (New!, In stock at Tirerack.com)

Tirerack.com (Tirerack has a network of local tire installers and also has mobile Tirerack service trucks in some areas.)
America's Tire/Discount Tire (If AT/DT has tire centers in your area go there. Purchase the AT/DT tire certificate when you buy the tires, in the future you will not have to pay for any damaged or punctured tire repair or replacement for the life of the tires.)

In the meantime don't pull out the screw/nail. Keep adding air to the tire as needed. (Carry a small 12V tire inflator in the vehicle.) Don't take any road trips until you replace the damaged tire or buy 4 new tires.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianewman