Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire replacement already 10K miles!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20" induction wheels with the goodyear asymetric F1 or whatever they are OEM tires. Took the vehicle in to get alignment checked (toe is out slightly) and tires rotated/balanced. The shop came back with the rears being at 3mm tread depth. I did not expect that result. So, new tires all around (non goodyear) - based on some things I read here, going with the Vredestein Quatrac Pro

dandw2: was the wear even? Did you have the correct alignment dialed in from the very beginning? What's the treadwear rating on the Goodyear tires?

Tesla, like any other manufacturer, doesn't always release cars that have accurate wheel alignment.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
We specifically asked the service center to check alignment two months after owning. They said all good. Now right front toe is out slightly (6 months). Wear is even, more tread left in the fronts but decided to do all 4. Need 2 mm to pass inspection

I bought a Track Ace laser alignment tool, and now I can check toe very accurately to know if the alignment shop did a good job, and whether or not the alignment needs adjusting.

Keep in mind, most alignments are fixed price, so they are rewarded for not spending the time and effort to dial in your alignment perfectly to reduce tire wear. The factory specs are pretty generous to make their lives easier, and not to save your tire wear. You want the toe pretty darn close to zero to get the best wear, best range, and the least tire noise.

Reactions: fireball08
How you liking the VRedestein Quatrac Pro so far? I've read in previous posts they are quieter, smoother and more efficient. Anyone else change their tires already? I'm running 16,000 miles and never did a rotation yet lol!
Very good, they haven't seemed to impact range at all, and are definitely quieter. I do like the way they look, too (as much as black rubber in a circle can look different). I'd check the tread depth on the rears. the fronts were OK - it was the rears that were worn.

Many people will dislike a car with zero toe. The car will not track as easily, requiring more steering input. Also toe significantly affects handling. My FRS, with zero toe all around, oversteers even more easily than stock. Rear grip is significantly reduced. Not as awesome on the track, but soooo much fun on the street.

Many people will dislike a car with zero toe. The car will not track as easily, requiring more steering input. Also toe significantly affects handling. My FRS, with zero toe all around, oversteers even more easily than stock. Rear grip is significantly reduced. Not as awesome on the track, but soooo much fun on the street.

Well, that's a nice theory, but it's completely debunked because have very close to zero on front and rear, and my car tracks perfectly and corners great for the street. If you are tracking the car, then you shouldn't be in this discussion about reducing tire wear on the street. Improving the toe greatly reduced my tire noise, and now my tires will last longer and I get better range.

Reactions: Pianewman
Well, that's a nice theory, but it's completely debunked because have very close to zero on front and rear, and my car tracks perfectly and corners great for the street. If you are tracking the car, then you shouldn't be in this discussion about reducing tire wear on the street. Improving the toe greatly reduced my tire noise, and now my tires will last longer and I get better range.
Well you win the internet today, good sir. I bow to your ample alignment knowledge and pleasant demeanor.