Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement by tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture of estimate

Attachments

• 16D64028-2BF3-4676-95F2-57396D83E223.png
    16D64028-2BF3-4676-95F2-57396D83E223.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 448
What tires are you getting? Could you please look up the cost of the tires you want on TireRack and let us know what you find out?

Are you also getting new rear wheels?

$1,200 sounds crazy for two tires and alignment.

You can then have the tires shipped to a reputable tire shop for mounting on your rear wheels.

You can also ask what the Tesla a la carte price is just for the alignment.

What are they covering with your ESA?

What tires are you getting? Could you please look up the cost of the tires you want on TireRack and let us know what you find out?

Are you also getting new rear wheels?

$1,200 sounds crazy for two tires and alignment.

You can then have the tires shipped to a reputable tire shop for mounting on your rear wheels.

You can also ask what the Tesla a la carte price is just for the alignment.

What are they covering with your ESA?
Looks like 700$ for the two rear tires. Plus alignment fkr all for would be about 200$ im asuming so 900 plus 86$ tax plus 200$ for esa and labor? Idk im getting lost in the numbers

Attachments

• 88629348-AF4C-41D3-B634-159AA9FDF773.png
    88629348-AF4C-41D3-B634-159AA9FDF773.png
    397.4 KB · Views: 294
The $200 ESA deductible has nothing to do with the tires, that’s for all the other items you’re asking them to look into, so don’t include it in the cost comparison.

I have a service appointment on Friday and was quoted 136.50 for a 4 wheel alignment.

If those are the tires you want and Tire Rack has them for $350 ea before mount/balance, then the Tesla price of $940 with alignment is a little inflated but not that far off.

The $200 ESA deductible has nothing to do with the tires, that’s for all the other items you’re asking them to look into, so don’t include it in the cost comparison.

I have a service appointment on Friday and was quoted 136.50 for a 4 wheel alignment.

If those are the tires you want and Tire Rack has them for $350 ea before mount/balance, then the Tesla price of $940 with alignment is a little inflated but not that far off.
Yeah not including the esa, everything looks good not too far off. This is my first service so i wanted to make sure everything looked right. Also, if they dont do anything to the car that is covered under the ESA, do i still have to pay for it?

...if they dont do anything to the car that is covered under the ESA, do i still have to pay for it?...
Since you have some noise concerns, that will be a diagnosis fee. For example, if the steering noise needs to be fixed that would cost $1,000 for the steering component replacement, then you only lose your $200 deductible.

If that noise is expected as design with no further action needed, then you would need to pay the diagnosis fee or the deductible whichever is lower.

...firestone...
As long as the mechanic knows how to work on a Tesla (don't crush the battery at the bottom with their lifts) then tire service by non-Tesla such as Firestone is fine. In this case, if non-Tesla is cheaper, I would go to them.

I had Tesla service Rocklin replace all four Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires a few years ago. I checked Tire Rack prices plus installation, etc. and it turns out that Tesla was less expensive.

Tesla does not offer road hazards against tire damage while some others do for a small fee. If my tires suffer road hazards often then a non-Tesla tire shop might be desirable.

Tirerack is the place to get tires that free road hazard protection is amazing and super helpful. I buy falkons and they are usually about $225 each, plus $25/ea mount and balance at my local firestone.
Also why are you getting an alignment? unless you are wearing out tires too quick or your steering is off its a waste of money and since the rear cant be adjusted for *sugar* on the stock arms your just pissing money away. Buy some arms from N2itive and get the camber down to -1.0 deg and your tires will thank you.

Reactions: Sanderpman12
Tirerack is the place to get tires that free road hazard protection is amazing and super helpful. I buy falkons and they are usually about $225 each, plus $25/ea mount and balance at my local firestone.
Also why are you getting an alignment? unless you are wearing out tires too quick or your steering is off its a waste of money and since the rear cant be adjusted for *sugar* on the stock arms your just pissing money away. Buy some arms from N2itive and get the camber down to -1.0 deg and your tires will thank you.

Could you please clarify what you sad about the "rear can't be adjusted?"

I have a p85. So your saying i cant do an alignment on my p85 and tesla just added that to take more if my money?

I have a p85. So your saying i cant do an alignment on my p85 and tesla just added that to take more if my money?
So for the rear the camber is what is always off on Tesla's. However they can only adjust the toe and not very much.
The front however everything is adjustable except the caster, which is usually good unless you hit the crap out of a curb or something.
In general on any car unless it's handling bad or excessive fast tire wear there is no need for an alignment.
Since Tesla's have excessive inner tire wear especially on the rear tires it is always perceived as a alignment issue which it is but unless you buy something like the N2itive arms and get a proper alignment done so the camber is around -1.0° instead of the -2.5° Tesla likes to keep it at your tires will continue to wear fast and even faster if you put the car on low suspension mode because that creates even worse camber

So for the rear the camber is what is always off on Tesla's. However they can only adjust the toe and not very much.
The front however everything is adjustable except the caster, which is usually good unless you hit the crap out of a curb or something.
In general on any car unless it's handling bad or excessive fast tire wear there is no need for an alignment.
Since Tesla's have excessive inner tire wear especially on the rear tires it is always perceived as a alignment issue which it is but unless you buy something like the N2itive arms and get a proper alignment done so the camber is around -1.0° instead of the -2.5° Tesla likes to keep it at your tires will continue to wear fast and even faster if you put the car on low suspension mode because that creates even worse camber
Thats good to know. How much do the arms cost? And how much for tesla to install?