Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Replacement cost $356.60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll probably go with these as well. I had those tires on a previous car and they were probably the best all around tire I’ve ever had on a car. They’re also around $100 cheaper per tire than the OEM tires. Have you noticed any significant range hit using them on your Model X when compared to the OEM tires?
It was a little hard to gauge because I switched to them just as it started getting cold, so it was hard to say how much was weather and how much was the tires. Now that it's warming back up, they're definitely a little less efficient, but not so much that I really notice.

Left rear tire ran over a nail. Too close to the rim to seal it. New tire was $280, labor was $50, tax was $26.60. That for the stock 18" tire. Just FYI...

RT
Won't tire maker give you a break?
Perhaps you auto insurer ? careful not to have claim add costs.
AAA ?
Capitalism sure is getting hard. Compared to annual cost of owning/operating a newer car, I guess it isn't that much is it?
I had a flat once. Took off the tire, rolled it to tire store. They fixed it and won't accept money. Some thing about liability.
(no I had not bought the tires from them)

• Funny
Reactions: RedSafari
And that might explain the difference between life in LA versus a suburb of Seattle WA. OP took his flat tire to a Tesla service center. Since the sidewall was involved it couldn't be patched so a new tire was needed. I doubt that Tesla warrants their tires with any kind of tread life guarantee, much less road hazards. Same goes for any other car manufacturer as far as I know. If you buy a tire from a tire shop they undoubtedly will offer both; maybe at some additional cost when you buy the tire since it's really a form of insurance. If they offer road hazard coverage for "free", it just means that the cost has already been folded into the tire's price.

The last three flats that I've had on three different vehicles in the past 18 months or so were taken to our favorite tire store which is conveniently located about 1.5 miles away. We've been customers for almost 20 years. All were repaired at no cost; even the one on a used Nissan Murano we had just bought, so no, that one wasn't purchased at the store either.

Off the top of my head, I remembered that the Lexus CT200h came with MXMs also. I did a quick Google and landed at a CT forum and saw that a majority of the posters in a thread about tire life said they got about 35k out of theirs. But of course, the MXM on the Model 3 could be a different tire (compound, tread, weight rating, etc)..

Personally, I would expect about 35-40k for a stock semi-LRR tire driving conservatively.. but I dont plan to drive conservatively :D

I have a CT and yes it has MXM4 tires. I guess it depends on how you drive the car. I drove 30,000 miles a year and the CT is at 170,000 miles but still in the middle of my 3rd set of MXM4. The first sets last about 65K and the 2nd sets another 70 or 75K.