Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire replacement for my leasing Tesla model S

dippybird6

Jan 26, 2018
Palo Alto
Hello, there,
my lease (model S 2017) will end in March 2021. I need to replace a tire now, I plan to replace it with the cheapest one.
I called America's tire, they gave me three options:
GT Radial being cheapest; then Good year RSA2, Good year eagle touring being most expensive.
I am wondering is there a reason I should not save 60 bucks and go with the cheapest one given that my lease ends soon?

Thanks!
yan

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Most leases require all 4 tires to match at turn-in. (And have a certain percentage of tread left, check your lease documents for details.)

Reactions: ucmndd

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
If you're just turning in a lease and tread depth is the only requirement, I see no reason not to save the $60 and get the cheapest tires unless you would just hate rolling around on cheap tires for 3 months.

cookie99

Mar 14, 2016
California
Hello, there,
my lease (model S 2017) will end in March 2021. I need to replace a tire now, I plan to replace it with the cheapest one.
GT Radial being cheapest; then Good year RSA2, Good year eagle touring being most expensive.
I am wondering is there a reason I should not save 60 bucks and go with the cheapest one given that my lease ends soon?

Thanks!
yan

you can probably go even cheaper trying to find a used set that has about the correct depth

Reactions: pabla

slainla

Jul 25, 2018
Los Angeles
Depending on the finance company, they need the original tire rating and/or models to match.

Assuming the other three tires are good, get the same exact tire so they match for peace of mind. Find a used one if you can.

Hello, there,

Thanks!
yan

Hblick48

May 13, 2020
Folsom, CA
How are they on efficiency?

Really can't tell. Bought the car (used from Tesla) in May. Replaced tires in June. Only have used car for local short trips, very little freeway driving. I can't tell the difference in noise between these and originals. They really grip the dry road and are good in the rain.

Robotpedlr

Supporting Member
Dec 17, 2017
Seattle
I would just look in the classified section here and find a matching tire or even full set of used tires that are OEM to avoid issues.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC