Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement shop near Portland, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting to the point where my tires need replacing. Does anybody know of a place where I can buy and install them (including balancing and alignment of them)?
I'm tempted to go to a regular tire shop but they might not even know where to lift the car up and mess up the battery.
I'm guessing that buying tires and installing them outside a Tesla Service Center will be cheaper (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I have a Long Range RWD Model 3 with 18'' tires and I'm looking to replace them with whatever can give me the most range while being all-season. I'm not interested in keeping summer and winter sets of tires.

Also, if somebody has recently replaced their tires at a Tesla Service Center, I'm curious to find out how much did it cost so I can compare prices with any other shops people might recommend here.

You may want to ask this in your local regional forum!

Discount Tire / America's Tire is usually a safe bet for perfectly fine service and competitive pricing in my area. Been taking our Model S there for years, and now our Model 3 too, without any issues.

Tesla Service Center tire pricing can vary wildly by location, and tire prices are changing frequently these days like everything else. You need to ask them for a quote to get accurate pricing.

Every time I or my wife has asked a Service Center for a tire quote it's been ridiculously expensive, I think they don't want tire business because they're overloaded already with actual service work. I've seen people here report better tire pricing from Tesla in other locations though, so I still suggest getting a quote from them, if you're looking to buy Tesla spec OE tires. (I don't think they'll sell you anything else.)

You may want to ask this in your local regional forum!
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know there was a regional forum. There's a Tesla Owners group (different website) for Oregon, but it's not a forum and I can only ask the head of the group via email, so I thought this post could reach a lot more people.
I just asked to be a member, through this site, of my regional forum, fingers are crossed that it won't take too long to be accepted.

"...replace them with whatever can give me the most range while being all-season."
If your bias is towards range, check out the Pirelli P Zero All Season Elect.

If your bias is towards "all season" aka some snow, check out Michelin Cross Climate.

If your bias is towards "performance all season" check out Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

Discount Tire in Salem, OR has/can get all of these options.

Lots of threads here on pro/con of these tires.

Reactions: sewing1
If your bias is towards range, check out the Pirelli P Zero All Season Elect.
If your bias is towards "performance all season" check out Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4
After some research, I'm between these two and I'll decide based on which one will last longer. Thanks for the recommendation in Salem but it's a little too far away from Portland just to get tires. Do you know of any other place in Portland that can service Teslas?

Plenty of America’s Tire/Discount Tires in Portland. If you’re on the west side, I recommend the Tanasbourne location. Have used them for years with zero issues in my P85D. Great customer service as I’ve had specific requests with my aftermarket wheels and they oblige no questions asked.

Hi all, I moved to Portland from a place without 4 seasons and without a strong winter.
While I wait for my M3P to be delivered I started to wonder if I had to purchase tires for the winter, it seems like during winter Portland does go below the recommended temperature, if I take occasional trips to the coast And drive around, during winter, would you recommend me to get winter tires?