Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Scoprion Verde A/S+ are great for max-mileage. I doubt you're going to be hitting snow, etc. My choice were between Scorpion Zero A/S+ or Nokian WR G4 since I do a lot of driving up to the mountains in the winter and don't want to switch to a winter set.

Heard really good things on the Verdes, soo many Scorpion variants.....so confusing!

I'd like to hear from anyone who chose the "Scorpion Zero A/S Plus" variant. It looks like the range and the lifetime won't be as high as the Scorpion Verde A/S Plus version, but traction is better all around. The Zero has Y ratings front/back, but the Verde has only H rating on the front. Not a big issue in terms of top speed as even the H rated will do 130, but H ratings are usually not paired with tread compounds that give great handling.

I have the Scorpion Verde A/S Plus. Changed from stock contisilent at 22k miles and now have put 5k miles on. I’ve had no issues on our 60d model X. We don’t drive super aggressively and are in Southern California but have taken a few road trips and they’ve been great. Handling seems fine, road noise about same as contisilent, efficiency about 3-5% worse, but I am not racing people in our X and more apt to sit back and let autopilot do the work!

It looks like there's a new tire from Michelin called the Crossclimate SUV that fits our Teslas. However, while its listed in their website, I can't find it available anywhere--online or at a local store.

Some info on the tire is available here: Truck Tires, Car Tires and more – Michelin Tires

It looks intriguing for a tire option, and the passenger car version of this tire gets good reviews. Anyone have more info on these tires, especially availability?

Last edited:
I emailed Michelin and got a response. It looks like they'll be available in July. I've attached the response below.

Thank you for your interest in MICHELIN® tires for your 2016 Tesla X90D. Michelin Crossclimate SUV tires will only be available for order by authorized tire dealers or by purchasing online via our website sometime in the summer. According to our system it is plan to be launch in July. We recommend to you reach to your Michelin dealer to keep you informed as pre-ordering the CrossClimate.

Thankfully, I have some treadlife left on my Continentals, so I may try to wait until July.

I emailed Michelin and got a response. It looks like they'll be available in July. I've attached the response below.

Thank you for your interest in MICHELIN® tires for your 2016 Tesla X90D. Michelin Crossclimate SUV tires will only be available for order by authorized tire dealers or by purchasing online via our website sometime in the summer. According to our system it is plan to be launch in July. We recommend to you reach to your Michelin dealer to keep you informed as pre-ordering the CrossClimate.

Thankfully, I have some treadlife left on my Continentals, so I may try to wait until July.
Looks like the Michelin Crossclimate SUV are available now. I will need tires this fall and am looking at options.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...oModClar=265/45-20F 275/45-20R#RatingsReviews

I'd like to hear from anyone who chose the "Scorpion Zero A/S Plus" variant. It looks like the range and the lifetime won't be as high as the Scorpion Verde A/S Plus version, but traction is better all around. The Zero has Y ratings front/back, but the Verde has only H rating on the front. Not a big issue in terms of top speed as even the H rated will do 130, but H ratings are usually not paired with tread compounds that give great handling.

I replaced the original 22" Scorpion Asimmetrico with Scorpion Zero A/S Plus. The price difference was significant (over $100 less for each tire at America's Tire). Besides the price, there are 2 major differences: A/S Plus comes with 50k mile warranty and the ride is much softer. I haven't experienced any noise issues either (A/S Plus doesn't have noise cancellation foam layer like Asimmetrico).

I replaced the original 22" Scorpion Asimmetrico with Scorpion Zero A/S Plus. The price difference was significant (over $100 less for each tire at America's Tire). Besides the price, there are 2 major differences: A/S Plus comes with 50k mile warranty and the ride is much softer. I haven't experienced any noise issues either (A/S Plus doesn't have noise cancellation foam layer like Asimmetrico).
Since I posted that I myself have also switched to the Scorpion Zero A/S Plus (from the 20" OEM contisilents). Noise seems subjectively less, but also more "thumpy" and less "bonky" if that makes any sense. Think of hitting a large heavy rubber bladder with a rubber mallet instead of a metal object with a piece of wood. Range seems to be better with my 5k average Wh/Mi since I got them being lower than the 20k running average including the time with the Contisilents. I'm guessing the Verde A/S Plus might be even better in terms of efficiency, but I'll take "more efficient than stock" with a more aggressive handling characteristic and am happy with those qualities...

Has anyone considered the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S available at Tire Rack for the 22"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 6.43.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 6.43.59 PM.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 73
Looking to replace my original 20" Contisilent as well and want to know if there is a clear winner out of these:

1) Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S Plus
2) Michelin Crossclimate SUV
3) Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for front and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (no plus) for rear.

I'm in Nor Cal

Looking to replace my original 20" Contisilent as well and want to know if there is a clear winner out of these:

1) Pirelli Scorpion Zero A/S Plus
2) Michelin Crossclimate SUV
3) Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for front and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (no plus) for rear.

I'm in Nor Cal

Looking for the same recommendation. Looks like the Crossclimate is directional, so no rotation (not sure how to affects hazard warranty). From what I've seen, a lot of people like the Pirellis (and it's cheaper).

I recently replaced my 20" at around 30,000 with SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II. It seems to be a great tire, quiet, decent in snow, and much cheaper than the Continental and longer life. Btw, a few fine print info I noticed for scorpion warranty is since our wheels are asymmetric, only half the warranty (65,000 = 32,500 miles) for the fronts, ironically the rears have the full warranty. Make sure you check your fine print when buying tires! I got mine at Discount Tire during Black Friday sale although didn't install till late December. Good luck all!

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle and J__T
Hi, I have a general tire question, hopefully it can be answered within this thread and within the topic. I have almost 20K on my 2018 Model X 75D with 20 inch wheels. Stock wheels at 265/45/20 and 275/45/20, and the front right tire is pretty bald, but evenly bald, not one side, so I'm led to believe the alignment is okay. The rest of the tires are completely still driveable and in good shape. Given I do regular air pressure checks and fillups, is there an explanation as to why only the front right tire has worn much quicker than the other three?

Thank you in advance.