Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know they are not as well known in the US, but that is changing. I have the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's on my car and they are outstanding. Road noise is almost non-existent and the grip is excellent in snow, rain and dry. Very popular here in Europe and now gaining "traction" in the US. I highly suggest those who want a very quiet tire with excellent grip to check them out! There are other threads on here about them already so I'll leave it at that. I've had Bridgestone and Michelin on my Tesla and once I tested the Vredesteins I sold them all and never looked back.

I have 2 sets of them now in fact. One set on 18's and another on 20's. I use the 18's when I want the best range for long road trips or a bigger sidewall if I'm going to be bashing around in the Swiss alps with rough roads. Most of the time I prefer the 20's for the looks and performance with more patch and grip. 20's are staggered with 245/35 and 275/30.

These are all season tires but rated at 300km/h and I have not had ANY issues with snow, ice, rain or dry. And I see some pretty bad conditions driving in the Alps!

I've done a ton of mods on my car and spent a fortune, but hands down this choice was probably the best one. I can't stand noisy tires and these are dead silent!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+Pro
Which wheels are you using with the 20s? I've got TST20 from TSportline, in a staggered setup, and I'd love to get Quatrac Pro tires -- but I can't tell if there's a size that will fit. Front currently has 265/45, I think.

Suggestions for ideal all-seasons, heavily slanted toward spirited driving? 20k mi and bald Contis on my 2018 75D (265/45-20F 275/45-20R).

I'm in the Bay Area, expecting mostly sunny days. But it can get down to the low 30s overnight, and we might do an occasional trip to the Sierras.

Wish I could do summers, and have been happy with the Latitude Sport 3s on our Macan. But I have to be reasonable with the family hauler, so no Pilot Sport 4 SUVs on the Tesla, unfortunately.

The stock Contis (CrossContact LX Sport) were rather decent, and kept me up with a modified 911 on HWY9.

Research and comments here point me toward the Pirelli Scorpion ZERO All Season Plus. Might be a slightly sharper tire than stock. On par with energy efficiency.

Folks also comment on the newest entrant, the Yokohama Geolandar X-CV. Marketing has it as performance oriented, though folks say the sidewall feels soft. Energy usage may be higher than stock.

Other Contis (CrossClimate, 4x4) seem more geared to the severe weather side.

Are the Pirellis the best bet?

Pirelli Scorpion ZERO All Season Plus are WINNERS Had them on my first Model X

However, on my last MODEL X, (once the suicide Contis blew out, which wasn't long) I replaced them with none other than Hankook. Say what???

Don't be fooled by the $152 price per tire. They provided a great soft ride, little to no noise, superb handling, and great value. They were on my Model X Raven when it set the World Record for the quickest SUV, beating out the stripped X Raven with Contis and the Lambo Urus. Great tire and something to consider.
They are sticky, but they last. They also have four of five stars and 100% of owners saying they would buy the tire again.

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf
Ah, fond memories of Hankook and Falken from back when I was more active with my FD RX-7...

Biggest issue I see is Hankook only offers the 275/45. Seems it *might* fit based on the thread here (and size differences are within a few percent on comparison calculators):
Main concerns:
- 275 on front 9" stock rims is at the minimum for that width, which could lead to softer feeling/buckling sidewalls
- Rubbing may be an issue at full lock (but depends on each manufacturer's actual tread width and geometry)

Squaring at 275 also opens up a larger set of options, including
- Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
- Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate
- Michelin CrossClimate SUV (only "touring", not performance/sport, yet reviews point to it being a fantastic dry tire)

It's goofy TireRack has separate categories for (Ultra) High Performance All Seasons and Street/sport Truck All Seasons; per their representatives, they have no practical differences.

Looking to order replacements for my 22s. What are the best Tires for 22s regarding noise? Additionally I see on TireRack the SportContact 6 shows up as NEW with T0 designation. Since the new Plaid X being spotted around Cali are using the SportContact 6. what is everyone's thoughts on this possibly being the best choice for 22s now?

I had two blowouts like this with my Model X, courtesy of OEM Continental tires with normal driving. I was also pleasantly surprised to find how great Hankook tires performed at a great low price.
One at 14k and one at 18k miles. Pirellis ran sweet, handled well and still had read at 11k.
miles.
Buyer beware.

Attachments

• 56049.jpeg
    56049.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 102
I had two blowouts like this with my Model X, courtesy of OEM Continental tires with normal driving. I was also pleasantly surprised to find how great Hankook tires performed at a great low price.
One at 14k and one at 18k miles. Pirellis ran sweet, handled well and still had read at 11k.
miles.
Buyer beware.

Without seeing a wider angle shot, that tire looks like it blew out because it was bald.

Hard to tell from this angle of course, but that’s what it looks like. Maybe the famous “inner tire wear on Model X” bit you? Where the outside of the tire looks fine but the inside is completely worn?

For me, I’ve recently installed Nokian WR G4 SUV tires and I’m beyond pleased with them!

Without seeing a wider angle shot, that tire looks like it blew out because it was bald.

Hard to tell from this angle of course, but that’s what it looks like. Maybe the famous “inner tire wear on Model X” bit you? Where the outside of the tire looks fine but the inside is completely worn?

For me, I’ve recently installed Nokian WR G4 SUV tires and I’m beyond pleased with them!
Ironically, I was just on the way home from TESLA service center where they had just inspected the tires at a service appointment. I believe they said it had 4/32nds on it. Fortunately, I was within the 50 mile radius when it blew and it was hauled back to TESLA on a flat bed. No adjustment from Continental, of course.

Recently put Pirelli Scorpion Zeros on my 2017MX. Amazed with the ride and reduced noise compared to the factory Conti silent. Grip is great and they are a bit ‘softer’ so the ride is more comfortable. So far I don’t see any efficiency loss. Pretty happy with them.

Reactions: Fairchild