Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 19” Gemini’s which are Continental Pro Contact RX 255/45R19 104W XL and had to have one replaced because of a nail. The tires are OEM so you cannot get them anywhere Tesla has to source them. Luckily for me the SC had them in stock otherwise it would have been a week or so to get them.

• Informative
Reactions: Impaler
I have the 19” Gemini’s which are Continental Pro Contact RX 255/45R19 104W XL and had to have one replaced because of a nail. The tires are OEM so you cannot get them anywhere Tesla has to source them. Luckily for me the SC had them in stock otherwise it would have been a week or so to get them.

Wow, really? That's good to know. If true, a bit disconcerting to have to wait on Tesla for a flat tire replacement. I see 255/R4519 wheels everywhere...are you sure I couldn't just go to a tire shop?

Can a nail hole not be repaired just like any other tire? Ive gotten plemty of screws and nails in my tires over the years (on non Teslas) and it was usually $15 to $20 and about 30 minutes of time for the repair, including everything except tax.

Are Tesla tires not repairable from nail holes? Or did your tire shred/rip ?

Can a nail hole not be repaired just like any other tire? Ive gotten plemty of screws and nails in my tires over the years (on non Teslas) and it was usually $15 to $20 and about 30 minutes of time for the repair, including everything except tax.

Are Tesla tires not repairable from nail holes? Or did your tire shred/rip ?
Not if the hole is on the sidewall. The tire must be replaced 99% of the time... maybe 100% of the time.

Day 3 I had a screw in my tire. Easy repair. The only thing special is the tire shop needs to cut the interior quieting foam back, glue the patch, and then glue the foam back on with the patch cement.

I’ve got to replace one of these Continental’s too due to a damaged sidewall. Tire is still not on Continental website or 3rd party sellers yet. How much did it cost for the one tire replacement from Tesla SC?

Is the foam specific to Continental tires? Or are all tires in this size "designed for Tesla" going to have foam?

Yes I confirmed with the tech and they said there is foam in these tires (Continental/Geminis)
Also see attached photo of my flat.

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 127