Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the 19" tires on my model S are on their last leg now, and i'm looking for replacement - i'm reluctant to get them replaced by tesla hk since it's not necessary.

has anyone got recommendations of a shop/ types of tires? i've read about certain tires made with some sort of fabric inside to further dampen noises, i have no idea how much they are, but i think if i go for the tires with similar attributes with my cureent stock ones it'd be around HKD $5-6k total, further silenced tires would be fine if they're beloe HKD$10k i think ,unless some of you guys have tried them and have anything negative anything to say then i'll reconsider.

so, what do?

just a quick update, found a shop that replaced my tires with Michelin Primacy 3ST 19" at $1500 per tire, including balancing. pretty cheap i think.

my old tires had enough centre/inner tread left for another 2-4k km (haven't even worn down to the warning nubs on centre treads), but the outer edges were pretty battered. i wonder if it'a a camber adjustmnent issue, since under-inflated tires should show excessive wear on both inner and outer treads whilst the centre would be relatively under-worn.

pretty unlikely, but has anyone had issues/adjustments on their camber/ toe-in etc??

If you had abnormal tire wear and got new tires, you should always at least check the alignment. In my experience in the States, checking and adjusting the alignment are the same cost. If you get new tires and don't change anything, you should expect the abnormal wear to continue on the new tires. Some cars just wear tires poorly even when the alignment is in-spec, but the Model S should wear the tires evenly if the suspension is aligned properly.

oh, i forgot the name nor have i have the receipt with me now, but it's a small shop in To Kwa Wan. it's at Ha Heung Road just being the Tin Hau Temple.

i only went it as just drove past it and saw the guy changing tire for somebody else - the guy did it properly and paid good attention, his shop was very clean and tidy, and he's very clear about his prices hence i went to him

i would again when i need replacement tires