Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire reside tempest wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just traded in my 2017 Model S 75 for a 2020 S LR + (both white) and am seeing a lot of black residue.

Some help please - is this just because there are new tires on the car will it go away? I believe the old car had Continental and this car has Goodyear, not sure if that's a factor.

Attachments

• itre_residue2.jpg
    itre_residue2.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 75
  • tire_residue.jpg
    tire_residue.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 62
I have the same issue......I too, at first thought it just to be the tire shine......I wiped it off and came back but not too bad.....then I noticed under the bumper a little depression that fills up with black soot/road dirt......washed it off but I thinking it will be a collection point for black road tars and dirt going forward.....I PPF'd the front of the car and the complete rear bumper and ceramic coated too to try and help keep it cleaner make it easier to clean....that helps but it is still a collection point......the white cars should have a black Botton of the bumper and rocker panels......I can do it but a pain in the arse.