TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tire rotation and wheel Balancing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by patrick40363, Aug 29, 2016.

1. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

When Tesla service rotates your tires do they also balance the wheels?

2. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

yes just had this done with my service

3. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Yes, just had it done today.

4. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

What did they charge?

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

I'll know tomorrow when I pick it up. Since I purchased two crazy priced tires, along with some warranty service, I expect zero. :D

• Like x 1
  6. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Member

Just checked with my service center today. They said they only rotate on request. First rotation free but didn't give me a price for subsequent as I let conversation get off track.

COSTCO now does tire rotations and balance for tires NOT purchased there. Price is $21.99. If you want initial purge and refill with Nitrogen it is $11.99 extra.

7. No2DinosaurFuel

do they raise the car correctly? I know for tesla, they are only suppose to raise the car using certain spot on the bottom of the car. Elsewhere, you risk damaging the battery.

8. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Member

Yes. They have all the specs and info.

9. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

@MikingCO sorry for the delay. (The car was kept an extra day for an unplanned part.)

So I received rotation and alignment at no extra cost. In fact, they also replaced at no cost, the front right fender bracket and fascia pin which busted when I hit the sink hole as well as cleaned up my wheels which thankfully were fine but took on some nasty gouges. So, my crappy incident with two blown tires resulted in 20 minute roadside response time w/2 borrowed 21" wheels, great SvC service/updates/accomodations, a P-vroom- vroom loaner, and a few new buddies at the shop. Total out of pocket $885.50 but could have been worse. Call me a fan-goil.