Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire rotation at Tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out Discount Tire. I believe all stores do it gratis. I stopped by my local store and they said about 2 hours, but gave me an appointment for this afternoon. In and out in about 20 minutes. They do have the car in their data base, so they know pressure and nut torque. And they do final torque with a manual wrench.

I did show them the business about raising the car and putting it in Jack mode, which they were not aware of.

I have used Wheel Works as my regular SF Bay Area tire shop for over 20 years. When I buy new tires from them, I always buy their protection plan (tire warranty), which includes free rotations and balancing. After I picked up my Model S, I went to my local Wheel Works and bought the plan for my 19" Goodyears (about $40/tire). When I am due for a rotation (6000 mi) I will bring my S85 there. I have never lost money on the plan--over the life of one set of (usually high performance) tires, I have gotten at least 1 replacement for non-repairable damage. YMMV.

Check out Discount Tire. I believe all stores do it gratis. I stopped by my local store and they said about 2 hours, but gave me an appointment for this afternoon. In and out in about 20 minutes. They do have the car in their data base, so they know pressure and nut torque. And they do final torque with a manual wrench.

Just be sure to check both torque and pressure the next morning. I've found they were both way out on other cars. This problem isn't limited to Discount Tire.

Just be sure to check both torque and pressure the next morning. I've found they were both way out on other cars. This problem isn't limited to Discount Tire.

No kidding. I had tires on my former G37 replaced at the local Canadian Tire last year, and three tires were ten pounds low, and one was fifteen pounds HIGH! Also none of the lug nuts were torqued to the proper spec.