Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation cost.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just buy a low profile 2-3 ton floor jack for $100 at harbor freight and it will pay itself off after 2 rotations.
I have done my wife’s 3 and my Y (about to do it again). I have 2 floor jacks and a scissor. One Jack definitely picks up a side without a problem, but I like to rotate front to back and back criss-cross to front. Can’t do that with one side lifted and I don’t trust two jacks to hold both sides up. With the 3 jacks, there’s always a tire on the ground.

Don’t take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have no other choice! They take all day to do anyhing, if you can get an appointment in a reasonable period of time. and cost much, much more. They quoted me an alignment: half-day and about $168. Pep boys did it in one-hour for $59, as I recall.

Rotations can be done at any tire shop. Here in Atlanta Discount Tire does them for free.

I just paid $70 and some change (after tax) to for my Model 3 rotation via mobile service. Interesting that others are only paying $50, but the convenience was definitely worth it. I work from home, was in a meeting - just left my car parked outside in my driveway unlocked, and they were in/out in 15 minutes.

I just paid $70 and some change (after tax) to for my Model 3 rotation via mobile service. Interesting that others are only paying $50, but the convenience was definitely worth it. I work from home, was in a meeting - just left my car parked outside in my driveway unlocked, and they were in/out in 15 minutes.

Just FYI, Tesla rotations are from front to back, I believe. If you check out the various tire manufacturer sites they recommend a rotation which includes crossing one or both sets of tires. Just food for thought.

Don’t take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have no other choice! They take all day to do anyhing, if you can get an appointment in a reasonable period of time. and cost much, much more. They quoted me an alignment: half-day and about $168. Pep boys did it in one-hour for $59, as I recall.

Rotations can be done at any tire shop. Here in Atlanta Discount Tire does them for free.

I think it really depends on your location and local SC.... for me, all the local places were clueless about how to handle a Tesla and the SC did it for free and quick

Reactions: ATPMSD
There is no magic in Tesla tires, they work exactly like other vehicles. If it is directional or stacked tires then they use different rotation pattern or cannot be rotated at all. Any competent tires shop can handle Tesla tires and you can always purchase tesla jack pad pugs from amazon or online just in case the tire shop doesn't know how to jack up the tesla properly. Tesla is getting more common these days and lots of tire shops know how to do it.