Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to take my car to Direct Tire in Natick all the time. Tire swaps in the fall/spring and regular oil changes/tire rotations. I would recommend them for any of that. Mine was an older Porsche and they always had higher end cars in there so I am pretty sure they know how to deal with them.

I'm curious, what was the reaction of the shop guys to your Model S? I always get mine inspected at a dealership just for the pleasure of seeing the wide-eyed techs ooh and aah.

They drooled all over it. The tech guy said when the service manager gives him a "special project" its usually working on a POS, but this made his week. They loved it and were very interested. Today I had to drop off my old MDX for an A/C fix and they were still talking about the Tesla.

Also, they gave me a loaner hybrid ILX today. So glad I went all electric vs a hybrid.

Or a lift!

Why bother with jackstands? You're not getting under the car or leaving it up in the air for a while. Jack, swap, lower, repeat.

Oh yeah, and one of those, too.

Torque sticks and a cordless impact gun are a nice touch.

Torque Sticks, Torque Sockets and Other Discount Tools
DW059K-2 1/2" (13mm) 18V Cordless XRPâ„¢ Impact Wrench Kit | DEWALT Tools

How would you rotate the tires if you don't have all 4 up??? Maybe if u do front to back.....gonna have to jack one side high enough to get the rear up at the same time

How would you rotate the tires if you don't have all 4 up??? Maybe if u do front to back.....gonna have to jack one side high enough to get the rear up at the same time
Nevermind. For some reason, I had snow tire changeover on the brain. But yeah, I used to do that on my old S4. I had unidirectional tires that couldn't be rotated left to right, so I'd jack one side, swap front and back, lower and do the other side.

Nevermind. For some reason, I had snow tire changeover on the brain. But yeah, I used to do that on my old S4. I had unidirectional tires that couldn't be rotated left to right, so I'd jack one side, swap front and back, lower and do the other side.

Lol..,...yea I've been working on cars for years . Thought u had a special trick that I've never seen before.....I won't be taking my model s into service since I do all my own maintenance.....I hope to contribute some diys in the future for the forum and walkthrough on mods hopefully..I come from a background of mobile electronics and car modifications as hobby... ..since this purchase is a big stretch for me,i hope to help others in my similar situation.........Advanced MECP

Btw, this thread is going to get moved to a general Model S thread if we keep it up. The question was a "where in New England" one, and it's still worth answering. Not everyone has the space or inclination to rotate his own wheels. (For example, I do not own a garage or even one square foot of hard pavement.)