Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire rotation recommendation in Los Angeles / The Valley?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Model 3 coming up to its first tire rotation. I understand adapters are needed to jack up the car. I just wanted to know a reputable place to get my tires rotated in the area. Specifically, the West Valley if possible, but I also work in West Los Angeles. Obviously, I mean aside from a service center.

Thanks

Had an appointment at Costco in Tucson today to do my first M3 rotation. Couldn’t do it because the M3 isn’t in their manual and they didn’t know the lug nut torque (175 Newton Meters, not in the user manual). They are contacting their regional office to get all the data loaded. May be a regional Costco problem. 11/8/18

Had an appointment at Costco in Tucson today to do my first M3 rotation. Couldn’t do it because the M3 isn’t in their manual and they didn’t know the lug nut torque (175 Newton Meters, not in the user manual). They are contacting their regional office to get all the data loaded. May be a regional Costco problem. 11/8/18

Nope, Costco here in Southern CA won't go near a Tesla wheel/tire, either.

America's Tire has some Tesla foam-filled tires in stock if you need/want them.

America's Tire. They are the best in SoCal. Only negative is they are not open on Sundays.

I bought all my tires from them in the past 10 years. Just recently bought 2 sets of tires at Costco for my priuses and will never go to Costco again. They have poor service and also they don't work on Teslas.

America's Tire fixed my nail in the tire, balance, and rotation for free since I was a long time customer. They have great service and friendly people at the counters.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and Tezzie
@sperkin is it silly to buy a spare tire and store it in case of emergencies?

No, not silly. I already bought 4 tires and it's stored in my garage. I talked to a few shops near me and nobody stocks our tires so if it can't be fixed it'll be awhile to get it replaced. I bought all 4 tires for $500 from someone on this forum. Each tire at Tesla is like $350 and I always replace tires on the same axle at the same time.

If you have room, I would get one tire as backup. 235/45/18 are not common tires that many carry in the shop.