Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation [recommendations on where to get tires rotated?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than the Tesla service center any recommendations on tire rotation?
Any tire shop is fine. Many will do it for free if you buy your tires there. I use a local shop where I have always purchased my tires and they rotate for free. Others here will mention Discount Tire, Belle Tire, Costco etc. You need to make sure they have the pucks to raise the car correctly but in my experience, Teslas are so common now they know what to do and it's not an issue.

Reactions: SO16 and Thp3
Upvote 0
I do it at home because it also gives me a chance to check the brakes and rotors, lines, and suspension bits. And how much dirt has accumulated on the under trays. Not to mention, I don't trust a shop to torque the wheel nuts to the right spec.

Upvote 0
Never take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have to. When rotating tires they should be crossed - unless they are directional - and mobile service does not do a cross-rotation. I recommend Discount Tire for rotations (free at many locations), balancing and for new tires.
This may be a new thing but Tesla recommends rotation front to back.

Upvote 0
This may be a new thing but Tesla recommends rotation front to back.

Check with any tire manufacturer or shop as they recommend cross-rotations. The front to back thing may be more related to the fact mobile service does not have the equipment (more than one jack and stands) to do it properly. Personally, I’ll go with the recommendation of people who do this day-in and day-out. Each to their own, of course. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember looking up the rotation guidance at the Michelin website when I had the OEM tires on my vehicle:
1666305338536.jpeg

Upvote 0
Home is THE smart choice if you're handy and want to save a lot of time -- and a little money. You'd need a jack and pad of some sort, but after that, it's just winding lug nuts off. But, to be honest, with a 4wd car I don't see the need for rotating tires anymore. I get over 40,000 miles on mine with fairly even wear, so to me, it's not worth it. Sure, I get more edge wear on the fronts, but so what? I even bought a torque wrench so the nuts are tightened evenly.

Upvote 0