TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tire Rotation Suggestions in Orange County, CA

Discussion in 'California' started by ZbadhabitZ, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ZbadhabitZ

ZbadhabitZ Member

Hello, all. The Tesla Model 3 is my first personally-owned vehicle, and I admit, I'm not much of a car enthusiast. Given the cost and my desire to keep the car in tip-top shape, I know tire rotations are recommended every 10,000 miles, and I've just hit that point.

Is there anyone in the Orange County, CA area (specifically Irvine/Tustin/Newport Beach) that can recommend a place for doing rotations? I imagine going through Tesla is likely to be costlier, but hoping someone locally can assist.

Thank you!

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I didn't pay attention but there have been posts about free tire rotations by non-Tesla shops so please call around.

There's a report of Tesla Service Center Tire Rotation cost around 62.5+tax so my guess on non-Tesla shops, that would be either under $50 or free.

If you do go to non-Tesla shops, please make sure to bring your own jack pads and instruct them how to avoid damaging to your car's bottom/battery (padding with a hockey puck or a piece of wood about that size should do it.)

3. TW14 9LF

TW14 9LF 2nd EV

Go to America's Tire. If you call in advance you can get an appointment. They know how to deal with a Model 3 without damaging it. Best part is, they don't charge for this service. They hope that by doing this, you will buy your next set of tires from them. And for me, it works! I haven't bought tires anywhere else for 15 years now, and their prices are as good or better than Costco, TireRack, or anybody else I've ever checked.

• Like x 2
  4. ZbadhabitZ

ZbadhabitZ Member

Thanks so much for the follow-up! These are awesome suggestions and I am most grateful! Will check out America's Tire for sure.

5. boriszima

boriszima Member

+1 for American Tires. I got a suggestion from a fellow member. Although not in your area they should do a fine job

6. maximizese

maximizese Member

Same here. I bought my last 8 sets of tires from them. I brought our MS85 to them to adjust the tire air pressure. The tech asks who mounted the tires because two of them are mounted on backwards. I told them these came directly from Tesla...we both paused and said "yep." They offered to dismount the tires and correct them, but I was in a hurry. Part of me wants Tesla to fix it because it's starting to get a little noisy after 20K miles, but I'm afraid the wait-time is going to be another 14 days without our car.

7. tdmd

tdmd Member

Costco is $30

8. lax1mxb

lax1mxb Member

Did you use the hockey pucks or let them use the flat rack?