Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation Suggestions in Orange County, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, all. The Tesla Model 3 is my first personally-owned vehicle, and I admit, I'm not much of a car enthusiast. Given the cost and my desire to keep the car in tip-top shape, I know tire rotations are recommended every 10,000 miles, and I've just hit that point.

Is there anyone in the Orange County, CA area (specifically Irvine/Tustin/Newport Beach) that can recommend a place for doing rotations? I imagine going through Tesla is likely to be costlier, but hoping someone locally can assist.

Thank you!

...tire rotations...

I didn't pay attention but there have been posts about free tire rotations by non-Tesla shops so please call around.

There's a report of Tesla Service Center Tire Rotation cost around 62.5+tax so my guess on non-Tesla shops, that would be either under $50 or free.

If you do go to non-Tesla shops, please make sure to bring your own jack pads and instruct them how to avoid damaging to your car's bottom/battery (padding with a hockey puck or a piece of wood about that size should do it.)

Go to America's Tire. If you call in advance you can get an appointment. They know how to deal with a Model 3 without damaging it. Best part is, they don't charge for this service. They hope that by doing this, you will buy your next set of tires from them. And for me, it works! I haven't bought tires anywhere else for 15 years now, and their prices are as good or better than Costco, TireRack, or anybody else I've ever checked.

Reactions: maximizese and Tam
Go to America's Tire. If you call in advance you can get an appointment. They know how to deal with a Model 3 without damaging it. Best part is, they don't charge for this service. They hope that by doing this, you will buy your next set of tires from them. And for me, it works! I haven't bought tires anywhere else for 15 years now, and their prices are as good or better than Costco, TireRack, or anybody else I've ever checked.

Same here. I bought my last 8 sets of tires from them. I brought our MS85 to them to adjust the tire air pressure. The tech asks who mounted the tires because two of them are mounted on backwards. I told them these came directly from Tesla...we both paused and said "yep." They offered to dismount the tires and correct them, but I was in a hurry. Part of me wants Tesla to fix it because it's starting to get a little noisy after 20K miles, but I'm afraid the wait-time is going to be another 14 days without our car.

Did you use the hockey pucks or let them use the flat rack?