Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the community, @Obi Wan!
Any tire store can do the rotation but be sure they know how to lift a Tesla properly and they take care not to damage the battery with their lift. I’d ask them if they have any experience lifting Teslas and see how they respond. Most of them do, but not all have experience lifting Teslas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
Upvote 0
I have a set of the pucks with the pegs that fit the jack points and I keep them in the car; I had tires mounted on new wheels and then the wheels swapped a few days ago - I handed over my pucks and the only issue they had was that their lift wouldn’t go low enough to get under them (my car’s lowered). They swapped the new wheels/tires on like I do at home, one at a time with a single jack under the puck. No issues.

I would get a set of pucks just to be on the safe side, they’re cheap and you can get them all over the place.

Upvote 0
My 2019 Tesla M3, RWD with 12K miles is due for a tire rotation. I live in Laguna Woods, CA. Will any Tire store (eg: Just Tires) be able to do this or only certain Tire stores?
Any tire store can do it.
Don't fret about about jacking points - 100% of the cars have them (including Tesla's), and all tire shops know where to find them.

An independent tire shop, or Costco, will charge you ~$20-25 and do it on the spot.
A Tesla service center will charge you $100-135, and require an appointment weeks in advance.

Even better than that - you can easily DIY the tire rotation yourself and save yourself time and money. All you need is a jack, a torque wrench, and a 21mm deep socket. Feel free to PM me for details, if interested, or google around.

a

P.S.: Depending on how you drive, 12K miles may be a too long to wait for tire rotation. Measure tread depth wear on front vs. rear tires, and when the delta exceeds 2/32nds - rotate.
P.P.S.: Don't let anyone sucker you into doing anything else during wheel rotation. There is absolutely ZERO need to rebalance the tires, perform an alignment, or lubricate the muffler bearings.

Reactions: Phlier
Upvote 0
I have a set of the pucks with the pegs that fit the jack points and I keep them in the car; I had tires mounted on new wheels and then the wheels swapped a few days ago - I handed over my pucks and the only issue they had was that their lift wouldn’t go low enough to get under them (my car’s lowered). They swapped the new wheels/tires on like I do at home, one at a time with a single jack under the puck. No issues.

I would get a set of pucks just to be on the safe side, they’re cheap and you can get them all over the place.
This. Pucks! No excuses for punching the battery packs.

Upvote 0
I have good luck with my local America's Tire (or discount tires depends on where you live), they know their stuff and rotate the tires properly with pucks. Plus it's free, you can't exactly beat free..
The Burbank location wouldn‘t patch a flat on my Audi because the load rating of my tires wasn’t the same as stock, though it was more than sufficient. They gave me some air and I tried Pasadena, but the Burbank place had already put a note on my account, and the Pasadena store refused to help me due to their own cluelessness as well. I have been going to Tire Pros on Rosemead ever since.

Reactions: XPsionic
Upvote 0
The Burbank location wouldn‘t patch a flat on my Audi because the load rating of my tires wasn’t the same as stock, though it was more than sufficient. They gave me some air and I tried Pasadena, but the Burbank place had already put a note on my account, and the Pasadena store refused to help me due to their own cluelessness as well. I have been going to Tire Pros on Rosemead ever since.
Nice to read your recommendation for Tire Pros on Rosemead. I just had a great experience buying tires from Tire Central on Broadway in San Gabriel. They do a lot of Teslas. They use a torque wrench. Their prices are competitive & they’re super nice guys. Just wanted to recommend them to anyone in the 626.

Reactions: Gimmethecash
Upvote 0