Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you think the people who work at the shop are honorable people then I wouldn't mess with it. For instance it keeps them from going out racing in it (though you can still drive quite fast even in Valet). It also keeps them from changing settings on you. Which they may do accidentally and without malice. If you have valuables in the glovebox or frunk then that could be another reason. I'd say that feature is more for young kids parking your car at a restaurant and not auto shops. Mostly.

Upvote 0
If you think the people who work at the shop are honorable people then I wouldn't mess with it. For instance it keeps them from going out racing in it (though you can still drive quite fast even in Valet). It also keeps them from changing settings on you. Which they may do accidentally and without malice. If you have valuables in the glovebox or frunk then that could be another reason. I'd say that feature is more for young kids parking your car at a restaurant and not auto shops. Mostly.
at Discount Tire you can wait outside and even watch them do it through the open bays. Tire rotation shouldn't take longer than 15min tops and the guys are way too busy than doing joy rides with the cars... into the bay, change, out of the bay, next

Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0
Certainly convenient, but it is not free and FYI Tesla mobile services does not do the rotation as is recommended by tire manufacturers. All tire manufacturers recommend a tire-cross rotation, Tesla does a front to back.
Tire manufacturers recommend cross pattern even for directional tires? Mobile service rotation is like $50. Definitely worth the convenience, time saved, physical effort, and most importantly getting it done by someone who most likely knows how to jack the car properly for me personally.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0
Tire manufacturers recommend cross pattern even for directional tires? Mobile service rotation is like $50. Definitely worth the convenience, time saved, physical effort, and most importantly getting it done by someone who most likely knows how to jack the car properly for me personally.
In Montreal and area they have taken all the mobile tech's off the road. So you would need to bring the car into service for a rotation.
To me it is not worth the visit. I did it myself.

Reactions: ATPMSD
Upvote 0
Certainly convenient, but it is not free and FYI Tesla mobile services does not do the rotation as is recommended by tire manufacturers. All tire manufacturers recommend a tire-cross rotation, Tesla does a front to back.
What is your time worth.

I'm not sure all tire manufacturers make that recommendation. Obviously not correct for directional tires. Radial tires can take a set during break in. As someone with 53 years experience in retail automotive I never cross mine. I have never seen any advantage. In fact, if they are wearing evenly and not exhibiting any bad behavior I will not rotate them at all. I have owned three cars for which this was true.

Reactions: tm1v2
Upvote 0