TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tire Shops Allignment Programs

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GJ79, Dec 19, 2016.

1. GJ79

GJ79 Member

So my Tesla is out of warranty and I just had Tire Kingdom put on new Rear Tires yesterday.

I have asked them if they would do alignments on a Tesla and they checked their system if they had the specs for it. They came back with a yes. He admitted they have never done one on Tesla before but they would do them a lot on high level European vehicles all the time too and as long as they have the specs it wouldn't be an issue.

I am tempted to sign up on one of their 3 or 5 year programs now.

Has anyone here had their alignment done on a non Tesla shop ? Experiences ? Thoughts ?

2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I've had many alignments done at other shops with better results as well. I do have the adjustable rear camber links.

4. GJ79

GJ79 Member

I drove my rears for 26k miles on my P85+ (21 inch wheels) with a pretty even wear (a little bit more towards the inside). I would consider that pretty good, so I am not sure if the camber adjustment is really necessary for me. What you think ?

• Like x 1