Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speccing the car as we speak. Between the P85 and the +, does anyone have the tire sizes (fr & rear) between the two configurations? Would like to know if the P85 wheel / tire widths are staggered between the front and rear. I know that the +s rear is wider, but do not know if the P85 is. Thanks!

P85 is not staggered, P85+ is.

From Model S Features | Tesla Motors -- "Performance Plus takes one of the world's best sedans into supercar handling territory, while also improving ride quality and range. .... In addition to upgraded dampers, bushings, stabilizer bars and tires (Michelin Pilot Sport PS2), the rear tires are 20 mm wider and staggered for improved acceleration on low grip surfaces."

As a side note -- it is pretty difficult to figure out tire size from the Tesla website. But could go to a tire site like tirerack.com and those are usually reasonably up to date.

Last edited:
Tyler, nothing to figure out regarding the should you go with 85 or +. Plus all day, everyday.

Now I say that biased of course, but what car are you coming out of?

And have you driven both--there is a difference between the two.

Plus is da bomb. :love:

Speccing the car as we speak. Between the P85 and the +, does anyone have the tire sizes (fr & rear) between the two configurations? Would like to know if the P85 wheel / tire widths are staggered between the front and rear. I know that the +s rear is wider, but do not know if the P85 is. Thanks!
Give us more details ("talk us through it") on your decision tree and maybe we can help you spend more money... I mean, decide. ;)

Hahaha, thanks guys. I have several cars, but they are all very different:

458 Italia
Aventador
F10 M5
RR Supercharge

Very different cars. I may go aftermarket wheels, so I have not decided on staying OEM on this one or not. I am leaning towards going with the P85 as this is my spouse's commuter. It was either the Model S and or the Nissan Leaf (Leaf gets my vote for her commute), but it's apparent that at this stage she is getting her way with the car situation. It's one of those sacrifices we make as husband so that they do not give us a hard time when we spend money on things we like. :)

Hahaha, thanks guys. I have several cars, but they are all very different:

458 Italia
Aventador
F10 M5
RR Supercharge

Very different cars. I may go aftermarket wheels, so I have not decided on staying OEM on this one or not. I am leaning towards going with the P85 as this is my spouse's commuter. It was either the Model S and or the Nissan Leaf (Leaf gets my vote for her commute), but it's apparent that at this stage she is getting her way with the car situation. It's one of those sacrifices we make as husband so that they do not give us a hard time when we spend money on things we like. :)

Um, with that kind of collection, if you get anything less than a P85+, I think you might be a little disappointed. Even though it's for your spouse, I think they would appreciate the +, and I know you would when you borrow it. LEAF--certainly you are kidding right? Put this into the memory bank P85+--end of story.

Love to see a group shot of that collection--simply stunning (especially the first two!).

Um, with that kind of collection, if you get anything less than a P85+, I think you might be a little disappointed. Even though it's for your spouse, I think they would appreciate the +, and I know you would when you borrow it. LEAF--certainly you are kidding right? Put this into the memory bank P85+--end of story.

Love to see a group shot of that collection--simply stunning (especially the first two!).

I will rarely drive it, which was why I was thinking the Leaf since it's really for her commute. I was actually pushing for the 60, but she was adamant about the 85, but realistically I don't think the car will be used the way it's meant to be used for the +. I still haven't made the final decision yet on this.

Here's my '13 Aventador Grigio Estoque. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4286.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 459
I will rarely drive it, which was why I was thinking the Leaf since it's really for her commute. I was actually pushing for the 60, but she was adamant about the 85, but realistically I don't think the car will be used the way it's meant to be used for the +. I still haven't made the final decision yet on this.

Simply stunning (excuse me a minute while I wipe the drool from my mouth). Wow.

That stunning piece of art belongs next to a Tesla P85+, NOT a Leaf :cool:

Seriously Tyler, if you can drop 500 on the Lambo, I think you will appreciate (and your wife) the P85+.

Last edited:

Nice. Go for the 85 then. No reason to get a P85+ if an S85 loaded with options would work just as well.

Nice. Go for the 85 then. No reason to get a P85+ if an S85 loaded with options would work just as well.

Went w/ a P85 config

- - - Updated - - -

Simply stunning (excuse me a minute while I wipe the drool from my mouth). Wow.

That stunning piece of art belongs next to a Tesla P85+, NOT a Leaf :cool:

Seriously Tyler, if you can drop 500 on the Lambo, I think you will appreciate (and your wife) the P85+.

She just read your comment and rolled her eyes on me. LOL Thanks guy, I'm in the doghouse tonight

I was at your Christmas party in 2010. My wife works in your company, not sure if you remember. But awesome car and I never had a chance to tell you, but you have a kickass home!!!