Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Slow Leak and Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 03/16 production date S has a slow leak in one of the tires. I've been around long enough to know that probably means something like a nail or worse, which means it can be fixed, or not. Looks like decent tread still on the tires, so guessing these are not the originals.

Ok, I understand the factory default tires are foam filled correct? If these are factory tires or replaced with something similar, what would this mean for repair? I've never had foam filled tires and have no idea how a nail or cut repair might be different.

To add, the tires are Michelin Primacy MXM4. If you had to replace, what are people recommending?

Thanks

I plugged one of my factory Pilot Super Sports a few thousand miles ago and have had no issues. The reason most tires shops won't repair them is that they normally would plug and then patch the inside as well to guarantee the repair. With the foam liner they cannot patch the tire. Get a plug kit and just plug it yourself, takes like 20 minutes, provided the puncture is within the tread. If it's outside the tread and in the side wall you'll need a new tire.

Reactions: MrFC1000
No foam in the MXM4s. Just patch it.

As for replacements, I quite like them (on my third set), haven’t found anything that is a better value in terms of price/performance.

Great thanks. Sounds like these must have been replacements for the originals, which I suspected. Will take it in to see what the issue is and hopefully a simple repair.