Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire specs on the new high efficiency Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I tried to post this in another thread but because of the lack of response i thought i’d Post here. I have a x 90D with almost bald tires and been waiting to hear more about the new tires on the redesigned X. since it seems the new tires add additional effficiency i am hoping maybe it will add a few miles. Anyone know what is the new tire and if anyone got their hands on it?

Here is a quote from the blog about this:
“To complement these changes, we’ve also re-engineered several other components of Model S and Model X in keeping with our philosophy of continuous improvement. These updates include new wheel bearings and a few new tire designs for certain variants to improve range, ride, and steering.”

Ask your service center:

Indianapolis
8280 Castleton Corner Drive Indianapolis, IN 46250

Driving Directions

Store & Service(317) 814-6667

Roadside Assistance(877) 798-3752

Store Hours
Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm

Service Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday and Sunday closed

AND/OR check here:
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

side note: bald tires very very dangerous. You must already know.

or someone with a raven can just snap a pic of their tires

almost bald and bald are different. ask any guy with thinning hair

Brando, I understand your intentions but here is what the service center told me before i opened a thread here:
Here is the last response I got from Indianapolis Service Center:
At this time we do not have any internal information on the new tires for the Model X. As soon as we have that information we can certainly provide that to you.

@redgt Thanks, you are right, they still have life left and wanted to get this info sooner than later so I can potentially get the redesigned ones. I was hoping someone who bought the car can take a pic of it or provide any further info.

Thanks,
RK

Reactions: Brando
Brando, I understand your intentions but here is what the service center told me before i opened a thread here:
Here is the last response I got from Indianapolis Service Center:
At this time we do not have any internal information on the new tires for the Model X. As soon as we have that information we can certainly provide that to you.

@redgt Thanks, you are right, they still have life left and wanted to get this info sooner than later so I can potentially get the redesigned ones. I was hoping someone who bought the car can take a pic of it or provide any further info.

Thanks,
RK

Well, you could just go over there sometime and ask to take a look at the tires on an about to be delivered vehicle. I am sure they could find one to look at. Maybe even an after hours excursion through the lot might do the trick. I’d be surprised if there is any difference yet.

Here's a picture of the tire from my newly delivered 'Raven' model X

IMG_20190606_221246.jpg

Many manufacturers have their tires custom spec'd for them from the major tire manufacturers.

Not sure, but perhaps Tesla just is having Continental or Michelin tweek their specs to get lower rolling resitance or slightly changing a rubber compound.

Official word, however, not available yet.