Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire spin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get little chirps of wheel spin with TC on. With it off I get huge clouds of white smoke. Easier to do a burnout with the Tesla than it was with my Viper! Probably the 335's on the rear of the Viper have better grip.
Traction control was definitly on in the P85+, the whole car was shaking but there was still a 50m track on the road :D
335s are seriously wide tyres :eek:

Just drove a p85+ from a friend, wet road and I accelerated and it spun for about 5 seconds before I eased off. And I didn't even floor it! Didn't expect that at all

I've had two different P85+ loaners and get massive tire spin at 3/4 throttle with T/C on. Both had 21" wheels. I don't understand how some of you are saying you don't get any wheel spin even with T/C off. Strange.

I've noticed on my P85+ that the number of miles on the tires has an effect. With brand new tires, the traction control works pretty well. Once I get close to the wear bars, traction control is pretty bad. The tire tread still has the exact same contact pattern with the road so maybe it's the decreased diameter of the wheel. I have 21" staggered wheels with ps2 tires.

Although, tire pressure probably has more of an effect on wheel diameter than tire wear, so ...

Last edited: