Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I recently purchased a model 3 AWD long range in midnight silver w/ 19 inch wheels and white leather. I’m living everything about it but part of me wishes I got 20 inch rims. I have around 100 miles on the tires I have now. Does anyone know if Tesla would take my tires as a trade in towards the 20 inch tires?

• Funny
Reactions: coleAK and UCF3
I would add that they add significant noise and harshness to the ride. It’s tough balancing the appearance you seek and the ride you really want. I had 21 inch arachnids on my my last and switch them back to the 19s. It is night and day.

Hi folks, I recently purchased a model 3 AWD long range in midnight silver w/ 19 inch wheels and white leather. I’m living everything about it but part of me wishes I got 20 inch rims. I have around 100 miles on the tires I have now. Does anyone know if Tesla would take my tires as a trade in towards the 20 inch tires?
Would any car company do that? No

Also if you go to 20” you also get: less tire choices, slower acceleration, longer stopping distance, and decreased range.

Reactions: lozza
The way I see it .... I can’t see the tires or rims from the driver’s seat ... but sure can feel ‘em. The 20s just seem so impractical - especially here in the Northeast.

So I actually went with the 18s. Best range, good ride. I hemmed and hawed over the 19s but having the extra $$ in my pocket carried the day.

Reactions: coleAK