Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Tread Depth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you say this values are ok for the tire thread depth is it safe?. My SC did not recommend replacement or rotation.

Tread Depth Measure Type
mm
Tread depth
Front Driver Outer: 4
Front Driver Middle: 4
Front Driver Inner: 4
Front Passenger Outer: 5
Front Passenger Middle: 5 Front Passenger Inner: 5
Back Driver Outer: 5
Back Driver Middle: 5
Back Driver Inner: 5
Back Passenger Outer: 4
Back Passenger Middle: 4
Back Passenger Inner: 4

How many miles? Original tires?

This is all I find from Tesla. Is your tread at the wear bar?

Tire Rotation, Balance and Wheel Alignment
Tesla recommends rotating your tires every 6,250 miles or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in or greater, whichever comes first. Aggressive driving can lead to premature tire wear and may require more frequent tire service. Unbalanced and misaligned wheels affect handling, tire life and steering components. Refer to tire manufacturer's owner manuals and warranty documentation for additional details.

Would you say this values are ok for the tire thread depth is it safe?. My SC did not recommend replacement or rotation.

Tread Depth Measure Type
mm
Tread depth
Why wouldn’t it be safe? Still have life in those.

Attachments

• 4CF73154-B44A-42C8-BCB4-F75E9C58F6FC.jpeg
    4CF73154-B44A-42C8-BCB4-F75E9C58F6FC.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 555
How many miles? Original tires?

This is all I find from Tesla. Is your tread at the wear bar?

Tire Rotation, Balance and Wheel Alignment
Tesla recommends rotating your tires every 6,250 miles or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in or greater, whichever comes first. Aggressive driving can lead to premature tire wear and may require more frequent tire service. Unbalanced and misaligned wheels affect handling, tire life and steering components. Refer to tire manufacturer's owner manuals and warranty documentation for additional details.

19K. Thank you for the info!

Reactions: BMWM3Man

Tread Depth Measure Type
mm
Tread depth
I replace mine when they get to 4. They are still safe but time to shop.

I replace mine when they get to 4. They are still safe but time to shop.
I replaced mine at 4 as well. There are massive delays in shipping/getting the tires you want right now. I ordered mine at the end of NOV. I got mine installed right before new years. Better to start planning now, than wait until they HAVE to be replaced and running on bald tires.

Haven’t heard of uneven tire wear warning before this. I’m surprised I haven’t received one of those, as I recently had to replace one tire as a result of a blowout. My other 3 tires have 30,000 miles and have 6/32 tread remaining, so a little more than half the original tread. Wonder what triggers that warning.

I’m surprised I haven’t received one of those, as I recently had to replace one tire as a result of a blowout.
It's a very long term measurement (miles) of the number of rotations of each wheel when the steering wheel is straight.
It's not meant to measure pressure changes, or fast changes, which is what a blowout is. That's TPMS. Technically, you tire tread was still correct when you had the blowout ;)

So the man came over rotated the tires and pointed something out to me I was unaware of…

He did say that the rear tires were wearing unevenly and had a slight slant on them.

He then pointed out that one of my tires was different than the other three! WTF….?

I had had a piece of debris hit my tire on the driver side and flatten it by damaging the sidewall. The tires were brand new less than 500 miles on them. Because it was an insurance claim they replaced the tire for me… But I never noticed that even though it was a michelin it wasn’t the same one as the others.

Insert long story about stupid body shop and replacing a wheel on my car… Not wanting to listen about the fact that I’ve already replaced a damaged tire because I need to be able to drive my car… Taking off the perfectly good tire when they installed the new wheel… And putting on another tire for some stupid reason. Probably so they can get money out of insurance company for no reason…

Anyway I had a spare tire put on the rear wheel and everything‘s fine.