Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire/wheel fitment questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for assistance from any tire/wheel fitment gurus.

I've recently bought a Silver metallic P3D-. It is currently on the 18" Aero wheels with all seasons. I'm looking for my summer setup and I've been researching tires and wheels for quite a while and think I know what I want. I'm getting them primarily for street driving, but may do an occasional autocross. I just would like to make sure there won't be any fitment issues--I don't want any rubbing even in a high performance driving situation. I'd also prefer no or very little poke if possible.

I want to buy Michelin PS 4S tires 265/40/18 square. I know they are not ideal for autocross, but I'm hoping they would be adequate for an occasional outing.

If they would work, I would get Enkei RPF1s in 18X10 ET38. I'd guess these would be pretty flush after I lower the car a bit with some coilovers. If a spacer is needed to avoid rubbing, I'm pretty sure they would poke more than I want even with lowering and I would try something else.

My alternative (and I believe more likely to work) is Enkei RPF1s in 18X9.5 ET38. I'm hoping if the above don't work, that these will meet my fitment goals. If there would be rubbing issues on the vehicle side I would prefer to get a lower offset wheel than buy spacers.