Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire/Wheel Swap Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So T-sportline has some great looking wheel and tire packages that come with everything including TPS. If were to buy a package, how do I sync the new TPS to my Y? And as far as swapping, is it something I can do in my garage or do most people take them to a tire shop to swap them out? I dont have a floor jack but I am sure I could rent one for a few hours.

Reactions: mac9899
So T-sportline has some great looking wheel and tire packages that come with everything including TPS. If were to buy a package, how do I sync the new TPS to my Y? And as far as swapping, is it something I can do in my garage or do most people take them to a tire shop to swap them out? I dont have a floor jack but I am sure I could rent one for a few hours.
Martian Wheels also a good looking wheel for the MY and under $600 a piece

you can never have enough options

Reactions: LasVegas2019
@LasVegas2019 I had my Uberturbine wheels replaced this morning with TSportline 20" TSS Flow Forged wheel/tire package that includes Tesla TPMS sensors. Although TSportline did the wheel swap, they said the new TPMS sensors will automatically pair with the car and they will auto calibrate since they are made by Tesla. So if you do the swap yourself with Tesla TPMS sensors, you shouldn't have to do anything to get the sensors to work. Just drive around a bit after swapping and they'll auto-pair and calibrate. The new sensors register the pressure in my new tires just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: LoL Rick
@LasVegas2019 I had my Uberturbine wheels replaced this morning with TSportline 20" TSS Flow Forged wheel/tire package that includes Tesla TPMS sensors. Although TSportline did the wheel swap, they said the new TPMS sensors will automatically pair with the car and they will auto calibrate since they are made by Tesla. So if you do the swap yourself with Tesla TPMS sensors, you shouldn't have to do anything to get the sensors to work. Just drive around a bit after swapping and they'll auto-pair and calibrate. The new sensors register the pressure in my new tires just fine.

I just pre-ordered the 19" TST Flow Forged wheels (going to get the tires from somewhere else) from them so they won't come with TPMS. Any ideas where I can find the right TPMS to use?

I bought the black version of this 20" set when it was $2300 with free shipping, Tesla Model Y 20

i downgraded from inductions to geminis to get my car sooner and essentially got the geminis as a full backup set for $300. the swap was simple diy since the sensors are included. I did buy a cheap set of Tesla logo center caps because I didn't like the T Sportsline cap...

What about changing the tire/wheel size in the computer to get an accurate range estimate with new wheels?

What about changing the tire/wheel size in the computer to get an accurate range estimate with new wheels?

Here's what I did.
I swapped tires/wheels to 20", and then made an appointment via the app stating:
"I changed wheels/tires to 20" from 21", please change wheel configuration to 20" via OTA software update".
Few days before the "appointment" the service center called me to verify what I wanted done, after that they pushed the Wheel Config change OTA. Done. Range reflected 310 miles at 100% SoC.

You can call the Service Center ahead if you can not wait for them to.

I heard some Service Centers will ask for photo of your wheels - to be sure it's Tesla wheel, since somehow they are not suppose to work on aftermarket parts. They did not ask for a photo of my wheels.

Good Luck!

• Informative
Reactions: LasVegas2019
I bought the black version of this 20" set when it was $2300 with free shipping, Tesla Model Y 20

i downgraded from inductions to geminis to get my car sooner and essentially got the geminis as a full backup set for $300. the swap was simple diy since the sensors are included. I did buy a cheap set of Tesla logo center caps because I didn't like the T Sportsline cap...

I've got the exact same ones, fast shipping and a good product. I'm really happy with them