Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tirerack and Discount Tire no longer show 18" rims for MY. Can I just order for M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
Listings
Last Summer Tirerack and Discount Tire both had 18" rims for the Model Y. This Winter I noticed they no longer did. I assumed it was from the winter demand of all the new Ys on the road, but now it seems like they don't even give the option of searching for 18" rims.

Will all Model 3 wheels from Tirerack and Discount Tire fit the Model Y or do I need to filter out certain widths, offsets, etc. Looking at putting on oversized 255/55-18 as well, which creates another challenge. Does that limit the width of the wheel? I assume they will build whatever package I want, but do they balk at non-standard sizes? Can I still get road hazard?

Martian Wheels make an 18 inch wheel that fits all models of the y.

Martian Wheels make an 18 inch wheel that fits all models of the y.
Yep, I actually like those rims a lot. There are just so many options that cost half as much.

Thought I should follow up. Picked a Model 3 18" rim from Discount Tire and went to the store. Mgr looked my car up in their system and there were about a dozen 18" options that the computer matched for my MYLR. The ones I picked out did not appear. I told him the ones I picked out had a better load rating than the stock 20", but he convinced me to stick with recommended. I picked out a set. They were heavier with a higher load rating. Interesting that their computer shows certain 18" rims, but not their website. I also was able to order Vredestein Quatrac Pros that they do not carry on the DT website. They do have them on the Tirerack website and as such they were able to order them (DT bought TR). They all came in less than a week and they had no issue mounting the larger than spec 255/55-18.

Haven't had a chance to wash yet, it's been raining. Here's a pic from post install:
PXL_20220428_232807352.jpg

Geminis and Contis are for sale (see sig).

• Informative
Reactions: FatherTo1
Thought I should follow up. Picked a Model 3 18" rim from Discount Tire and went to the store. Mgr looked my car up in their system and there were about a dozen 18" options that the computer matched for my MYLR. The ones I picked out did not appear. I told him the ones I picked out had a better load rating than the stock 20", but he convinced me to stick with recommended. I picked out a set. They were heavier with a higher load rating. Interesting that their computer shows certain 18" rims, but not their website. I also was able to order Vredestein Quatrac Pros that they do not carry on the DT website. They do have them on the Tirerack website and as such they were able to order them (DT bought TR). They all came in less than a week and they had no issue mounting the larger than spec 255/55-18.

Haven't had a chance to wash yet, it's been raining. Here's a pic from post install:
View attachment 799907

Geminis and Contis are for sale (see sig).
How is the ride and the range vs Gemini + Conti setup?