Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tires at costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Lately I always order them from TireRack, delivered to a nearby highly rated installer. I got disgusted with poor balance jobs that never seem to be as good as new. But when I compared the cost of that approach with letting Tesla do it, there was negligible difference. I think Tire Rack prices are as good as anyone's, even CostCo, but I haven't really tried because they don't show up as "highly rated" as installers with TireRack.

Reactions: aerodyne
Used a referral credit for my last set from Tesla but in the future I would consider Costco.

Tesla's shows up in their system, they offer several Bridgestone - Turanza's but I have never heard of those

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 11.52.26 AM.png

At about 35,000 my Primacy's were done and I used Costco to replace them with Turanza's. I liked them but I was told by a Tesla tech that they were louder than the Primacy. They lasted less than 40,000 miles and after trying to upgrade to the Goodyear's coming with all new cars without luck, I just had Tesla replace them with another set of Primacies at my annual service which was coming up in a few weeks.
Mine might have been one of the first MS's that particular Costco worked on. They called California to see if there was anything special they had to do when putting it on the lift other than enabling tow mode (that's all).
Costco has rotating $70 discounts between Michelin and Bridgestone so if it's not the month for the brand you want, just wait another month.
Note that when trying to obtain the Goodyears from one of their shops, the tech used Tire Rack to research price and availability so although I've never used them personally, it seems like Tire Rack is the de facto standard for price.

Hi all,
I was at Costco yesterday and asked the tire shop if they ever replaced tires on a Tesla. Answer was no. Has anyone ever used Costco for tire replacement?

Thanks

I actually just had my tires installed at costco last weekend. They have a pretty good deal on the michelins this month. $70 instant rebate if you buy 4 tires, plus another $60 if you order the tires online and have them shipped to the store. I had 4 Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ Installed for $800 out the door.

I'm in Orange County where Teslas are a dime a dozen though, and they said they had done a bunch of teslas before.

I have four Primacy's that I ordered (same models and sizes as on my car now)(the $70 off Michelin deal for 4 tires ends on the 29th (web))...

Have an appointment to install them on Tuesday...

Will report when I get them done.

I actually just had my tires installed at costco last weekend. They have a pretty good deal on the michelins this month. $70 instant rebate if you buy 4 tires, plus another $60 if you order the tires online and have them shipped to the store. I had 4 Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ Installed for $800 out the door.

I'm in Orange County where Teslas are a dime a dozen though, and they said they had done a bunch of teslas before.

Which Costco did you go to in the O.C.?

From my cousin's blog about the time she got a flat tire:
In the end, the tire got changed, no one was decapitated, my mom made a new friend, the helpful neighbor got wine and T-bones as a thank you, and The Kone had yet another adventure. And then there was the next day, when I went to the Costco tire center where I had gotten all new tires a year before. My mom’s neighbor had warned us that unless I had specifically purchased a Road Hazard Warranty, I’d be stuck buying a new tire unless there was a defect.

Young Costco Guy: Okay, the tire wasn’t repairable, there was a gash in the sidewall.

Me, sighing: Of course there was. What would have caused that? I was on the highway! Are you saying a rabid nail went leaping off the road to its death in the side of my tire?

YCG: Umm, maybe? Sometimes these things happen.

Me: Okay, so how much do I owe you for the new tire?

YCG: Eleventwentyfour.

I look at him and tilt my head. Eleventwentyfour? Is this some kind of New Costco Math? It doesn’t compute.

Me: What was that again?

YCG: Eleventwentyfour.

Me: Eleventytwentyforty?

YCG: No, just eleventwentyfour.

I think to myself, hmm, this must be what they’re teaching kids in school these days. They’re so used to texting and shortening words, that now they’re shortening numbers too. Could it be $1124? No, of course not. $110.24? That makes more sense. I try to coax him out a bit, using my excellent communication skills, to mayhap get him to use non-texting language.

“So,” I say craftily, “if you were me and you were going to write this out on a check which you probably wouldn’t do because you kids do everything online these days but let’s just pretend, and say there were no mobile devices anywhere in existence so that you couldn’t send a text, what would this figure look like?”

I for one think I’m being very astute in picking up on these younger kids’ hep lingo and all that, but for some reason, he looks at me as if I’ve lost my mind.

YCG: Umm……..eleven dollars and twenty-four cents?

Now, I’m not saying I wrote out and slapped that check down and bolted out of there before he could figure out they had made a mistake……but hell yes, that’s exactly what I did. Okay, so I did discover that Costco has some insanely amazing service plan in place whereby all tires come with a 5-year Road Hazard Warranty, which is prorated based on how many miles you’ve driven on the tires. But still! Yet another reason to love this place. Costco, aka Mecca, will you hire me? Please?? Now?

I went to our local Discount tire and brought a set of rims that I bought at Tirerack, the TPMS sensors from Tesla, and purchased XIce tires from them. They mounted the XIce on the stock rims, took the goodyears and put them on the new rims.

They were amazingly good at their service and made sure to do everything right. I double checked with them about the jack points and they used a floor trolly jack to lift my car. I verified the torque and they hand tightened it correctly. I will go back there for my tire needs no doubt. They were just fantastic.

My total price for a second set of rims, and snow tires and sensors, and mounting / balancing 8 tires in total was approximately $2000.

i had costco mount Michelin X-Ice3 snow tires on a set of takeoff 19" slipstreams with TPMS obtained from local Tesla service center. The tires had to be custom ordered and as earlier poster mentioned, I waited for $70 discount. I made sure they knew about the lift points. Everything was fine except I had to increase tire pressure to 45psi.

Just had our Model S 19" Standard Primacy replaced today at Costco in Huntington Beach... Ordered online and delivered a week or so ago.

I have an appointment scheduled for 1pm tomorrow, but decided to try my hand at will-call install on Friday. The wait was 3-4 hours on Friday... Skipped that, tried again today and the wait was the same... Decided to leave the car there for the work.

Car was completed, had to remind them to keep the covers for the valve stems otherwise, they would have replaced it with the funky green ones they use to indicate Nitrogen filled tires...

Additionally, I have wheel rash on the passenger side tires, so I asked them to keep those on that side and they did.

Double checked the wheel torque figures that they had for my standard S Primacy's and they indicated 129 foot lbs (175 Newton meters) as Tesla recommends. The tires are warranted for 30,000 miles from the Costco Website.

Just had costco install the A/S 3s last weekend for $867 out the door. I'm in CA so there was $60 something in sales tax.

Note, if you don't proactively take steps to ensure that Costco lifts the car properly, they will dent you're battery casing at best and possibly do real damage to it at worst.

I installed 4 home made lift pads (about 2 hours to make) and then they had *me* do the alignment of the lift arms. Went off without any issues.

Excuse the dirt. The car just came back from a ski trip.

20170122_165226-X2.jpg

20170122_165230-X2.jpg

20170122_181016-X2.jpg

Last edited: