Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tires at costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Costco in Vallejo, Ca tonight and was told they won’t touch my model S but I can bring the wheels and they will mount the Tire’s but there will be no warranty as in they will last xxxxx miles. They won’t even dismount the tires! I went ahead and ordered the 21 inch Michelin Pilot Sports for right around $1120 out the door but I’m going to do more research and maybe cancel the order.
I’m guessing the 21’s are are going to be more no matter which brand tire.
Any thoughts from anybody?

I went to Costco in Vallejo, Ca tonight and was told they won’t touch my model S but I can bring the wheels and they will mount the Tire’s but there will be no warranty as in they will last xxxxx miles. They won’t even dismount the tires! I went ahead and ordered the 21 inch Michelin Pilot Sports for right around $1120 out the door but I’m going to do more research and maybe cancel the order.

The Model S is on their list of cars Costco sells and installs tires for. What grounds do they have for denying it? On the other hand, do you want a place that doesn't WANT to touch your car actually touching it? My local Costco in Merced mounted my tires I bought from them.

That said, they'd PREFER not to touch my car either, but I install my lift pads and align their lift arms myself and then tell them when to raise it.

Go to americas tire.

I had my Volt's OEM tires replaced at Costco. Costco has a 5-6 year road hazard warranty (along with free tire rotations, but those are too much hassle to cash in on). IMO, getting tires installed at Costco for the road hazard warranty alone is worth it.
My Volt picked up a nail in one of the Costco installed tires last year, and all I had to pay was for the amount of tire I "used". Since 3/4 of the tread was left on the tire, I only had to pay 25% of the cost of a new tire (and installation was free).

Last month I purchased my third set of tires for my P85 Model S. Costco had no issue with ever selling or installing tires on the car, or rotating the tires when requested. I don't understand why your Costco location has issues.

Posted in my other thread but this may be a more appropo thread. I have winters on now but was looking at as3+ for a new rim set i bought for spring. Cost at costco was 796 installed but dont need them til april. Icould take rims and have them just mount i guess when they come in and switch wheels and spring but my question is that a really good price on these tires or do these deals at costco come every month. Thx

My local Costco does not service Tesla (and Range Rovers). Something about their lifts are not approved for Tesla’s specifications. They were even reluctant to check my tire pressure, saying Tesla are off limits. Something must have happened for them to not even touch one, but I did not press for more explanation.

Our local Discount Tire has no problems with Teslas. When my wife got a flat, they lifted the car with a nice "carpteted" list which went under the entire length of the car on each side, including the two lift points (with the glass gallery we could watch the entire procedure). Nice and easy (and free too). I've been getting tires from them for years now, never on a Tesla yet (oldest one is coming up on 3 years and didn't need tires yet) and they've always been cheaper than Porsche, Lexus, or even Toyota dealer for the exact same tires.

I had Costco install 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in Warrenton, OR for $797 (no sales tax). Installed them at 33k miles when one of my OEM Goodyear Eagle Touring tires had a blow out. Mine was the first Tesla they had ever worked on at that location, or so they said. I've been rotating every 6k miles for free at Costco and the tires now have about 40k miles on them. Costco always inflates with nitrogen and checks the levels for me each time. They are holding up beautifully and I don't think I'll need to replace them for a while still. Highly recommend Costco.

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Just went to Costco Lake Grove NY this past Saturday took less than 1 hour.
I had 4 Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ Installed for $800 out the door. TPMS operational.
No issues. no vibration @ 110 mph +

the Pilot Sports are much quieter than the Primacy OEM tires with the same or better control/feel.

Went to my Costco yesterday and they had the Michelin’s in 245 width but not the 265 (I’m looking for a second staggered set for 21s). They said call in the following week when they could get in touch with Michelin. Online Costco I couldn’t find either size available. Assume most people are looking for the 245s all the way around for the 19s.

I ended up buying a set of the Falken Azensis FK510 online at Discount Tire which I think will be good and a little bit of an experiment too.

Anyone know if costco will help change from winter to summer wheels if you buy tires from them (if i didnt buy the winters from them). Im buying the michelin pilot sports as couldnt pass up the price. Not quite ready for them to be on the car so i want then to mount and balance and give me the wheels back so i can have them put on the car around april when it warms up (and then was hoping they would switch the wheels out in the winter since wouldnt be any different than rotating). Wasnt sure
If theyd do it