Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tires at costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way I met a Tesla suspension engineer this weekend that was racing a Formula F race car at Fontana and he suggested then Michelin Pilot Sport Tires which of course are awaiting me at Costco. But I’m going to have to figure out the smartest choice given their reluctance to touch my car. Maybe I’ll take tires to SC for mounting.
make an appointment for mobile service to come and mount tires....they will do it at your house

I suppose I could order tires from CostCo or Tire Rack (also $250 for the MXM4) and then have the mobile ranger mount them. If I recall correctly, Tesla charges $120 for installation. Is that correct? CostCo is $80 for installation and $19 for parts + disposal. This difference is in the noise.

I may even end up calling the mobile ranger this time. I haven't had Richmond CostCo work on a Tesla and if they blink, I'm calling the mobile ranger from the CostCo parking lot.

I suppose I could order tires from CostCo or Tire Rack (also $250 for the MXM4) and then have the mobile ranger mount them. If I recall correctly, Tesla charges $120 for installation. Is that correct? CostCo is $80 for installation and $19 for parts + disposal. This difference is in the noise.

I may even end up calling the mobile ranger this time. I haven't had Richmond CostCo work on a Tesla and if they blink, I'm calling the mobile ranger from the CostCo parking lot.
I know that tire rotation is $39 for mobile service now

Installation at Richmond CostCo was fine given the quarantine situation. It took around 2 hours, start to finish, and there isn't really any place to comfortably wait. In summary, I'd recommend that if you do buy tires at CostCo that you figure out what you want and order them online. It took 10 days for my MXM4s to get there and then the installation appointment was another 2 days for 12 days total. There's really no way to know where the tires were so that I could schedule an appointment when they came in. I tried.