Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires for Model S--Michellin MXM4 vs Continental Purecontact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I've got a slow leak in my tire, and it looks like I'm just about down to the wear bars, so tire places are reluctant to patch it. Might as well replace them all at once. There's lots of mention of the MXM4 on the forum, not so much about the Purecontact. I drive in Florida, so no snow, 2015 MS with 19" wheels. Opinions and alternatives?

I recently put the PureContact LS on my Model S and loving it so far, i previously put the Pirelli cinturato all season plus and love them as well but wanted a change , I also put the PureContact on my Model 3. So far so good on both cars

Put the PureContact LS' on my 2019 RavenRefresh S P+L. The temps have changed, a bit cooler, but just wondering how much a range hit any of you may taken with the new tires. I have taken 10-15% hit since having them put on. I didn't think new tires would give that big of a hit from the Michelin Performance tires that were on there from the factory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Could be the temps but it hasn't gotten significantly cooler yet. Anyone else recently put on new Conti PureContact LS' and see a range hit?

I also have the Conți PureContact LS. VEry happy with them. Miles ahead of Goodyear's which could not handle rain brand new. Much better handling and not as hard which is better for this stuff suspension. Totally recommend. Also better price and 700AA rated...will see. Goodyears lasted 24k for me.

Reactions: boonedocks
I'm running on my second set of Pirelli P7 all-seasons, as the first set were quiet and great on range (Low Rolling Resistance). I don't recommend P7s for performance Teslas due to their harder rubber compound = less stickiness, but excellent all weather tires for rest.

I use Pirelli P7s on my late 2014 MS as well. And also used it on my old car and Wife's car. It has very good dry/wet traction and handling and low road noise. Across 3 cars, it has already been directly responsible for sudden emergency stops to prevent serious accidents. I would choose P7s, especially if the cost isn't too much compared to MXM4s, which stand as next best after P7s for me.