Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires on Plaid+ Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My educated guess is that they’ll be the new Michelin Pilot Sport EVs. Which, according to the Michelin web site will be available for sale on April 1. According to Michelin they were designed specifically for for high performance EVs, and ride quieter, have more traction, and provide more range. Sounds like Tesla, right? They’re now available in China and supposedly are on some Model 3s there.

Reactions: Rogue Synapse
My educated guess is that they’ll be the new Michelin Pilot Sport EVs. Which, according to the Michelin web site will be available for sale on April 1. According to Michelin they were designed specifically for for high performance EVs, and ride quieter, have more traction, and provide more range. Sounds like Tesla, right? They’re now available in China and supposedly are on some Model 3s there.

Even if they don’t have those at release, I’ll probably be trying them out for sure!!

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Long Range and Plaid wheel size and offset.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.43.24 PM.png

Reactions: bhzmark
These are the best choice for tires that I'm finding: Click here. According to Discount Tires this configuration makes the diameter difference between front and rear .2". I would think the car can handle that with no problems. This slight difference can be accounted for by high speed cornering or other wear. I am therefore sticking with the 21s. My first choice is to see what becomes available for after market rims with a set of dedicated winter tires by the time November December comes and buy one of those. I can then consider a set of these as dedicated winter shoes. If nothing good comes around then I will buy the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season as an alternative tire for the Arachnids.

Thoughts and feedback are more than welcome.

Reactions: bhzmark
Sure do. The car is made to drive. Water won’t hurt it.

Some parts are obviously, as many have to drive in the rain, and there have been only a few reports of motors and packs damaged by water ingress.

Some features don't drain well, and there are some areas prone to corrosion due to poor design.

Given the option, I avoid precip. Haven't had to wash the car in a year...

And here are more 19 and 21 tire options that are specifically approved by Tesla: note the Y ratings on all.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne