Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires - Road Hazard Warranty? (Ran over a sheet metal screw tonight)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the good news: it was a loaner Model S as Tesla fixes a paint ship from shipping my Model 3 cross country.

this incident got me thinking about whether anyone has recommendations as to 3rd party tire Road Hazard Warranties.

not sure if I am going to do it, but I want to look into prices and experiences at least.

Thoughts?

the good news: it was a loaner Model S as Tesla fixes a paint ship from shipping my Model 3 cross country.

this incident got me thinking about whether anyone has recommendations as to 3rd party tire Road Hazard Warranties.

not sure if I am going to do it, but I want to look into prices and experiences at least.

Thoughts?
I purchased a warranty for the tires through Discount Tire. Less than $180, and flats/rotation/replacements are covered.

I also purchased "Tire Certificates" from America's Tire (Discount Tire out west) for our very expensive Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires / Arachnid 21" wheels on our 2015 P85DL+. Already got at least 2 free tires which more than covered the cost of the 4 Tire Certificates.

Reactions: C141medic
Is this an American thing? I've never heard of third party tire warranty. As in you didn't buy the tires from that place?? It sounds so strange ha ha.

If you have any Nation-Wide Tire stores near you give them a call. If they do it here, they may do it in Canada. It is really nice when you are on a trip and you can find a local tire shop that honors your warranty.