Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires: "Street/Sport Truck Summer" SUV tires vs "Max Performance Summer" passenger car tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

In my chosen tire size with proper load rating I have a choice between "normal" passenger car tires or "SUV" tires. In passenger car tires under "performance" you have SEVEN different categorizations, Extreme Performance summer, Max Performance Summer, Ultra High Performance All-Season, Ultra High Performance Summer, High Performance All-Season, High Performance Summer, and Performance All-Season. For the SUV's you have TWO categories, Street/Sport Truck All-Season and Street/Sport Truck Summer.

I figured my best bet would be to divide them by speed rating. In the highest speed rating I have two SUV tires and one passenger car tire in the size I want with the load rating I need... are there any indicators other than speed rating, tread wear rating and traction rating that would give me a clue what is better? I have not seen any comparison tests between passenger car tires and SUV tires of the same size on the same vehicle to get a feel for what would be best.

Thanks,

Keith