TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tires & Wheel Combos - Bay Area / Tahoe Residents

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by 2Infinity, Sep 11, 2017.

1. 2Infinity

2Infinity New Member

Hi,

I have 21" Staggered Summer Tires on my my P90D that need replacing. I live in the Bay Area and travel to Lake Tahoe (the snow) 3-4 times in the winter. I do like the look of my 21" wheels. I'm wondering if the great hive mind of this forum can help me figure out which is my best wheel/tire option going forward. I think these are my options:

- Replace the 21" Summer tires for Summer driving. Buy 19" wheels & winter tires for tahoe/winter months. Question - would the winter tires wear down too quickly in the Bay Area? My concern is that this set up seems like a lot of trouble for a 4 times a year to Tahoe.

- Buy 19 or 20" after market wheels & all-season tires? How do the all-seasons do in Lake Tahoe snow driving conditions? What's the estimate for how many miles these will last? Recommendations?

- Replace the 21" Summers and rent-a-car when I go to Tahoe...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.