Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
I've already ordered the Nokian WRG3 to go on our 20" wheels. Should be great for our winters; mostly wet with periodic ice and snow.

goneskiian

Nov 16, 2012
Bellevue WA
With the help of Support I ordered the 20". They told me I should be happy with the all-weather tires on the 20"
I'm sure you'll be able to manage with the "No" season tires that come standard, but I would recommend a proper winter tire for your location. Winter in "the Hole" is no joke!

JQ11

Aug 19, 2015
Jackson, WY
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but have you seen the roads in Jackson Hole in the summer? Nine months of winter are not kind to them. ;-)

Roads are fine here in the summer - I live in JH and rode the supposed notorious 21" wheels on my P85D with no problems. Yea winter tires are a must here (I ride 19s in winter).

For my X still torn on wheel choices as the 22s just look so nice... So either go 22s in summer and 20s in winter or do the sensible thing and stick to 20s with 2 sets of tires.

goneskiian

Nov 16, 2012
Bellevue WA
Roads are fine here in the summer - I live in JH and rode the supposed notorious 21" wheels on my P85D with no problems. Yea winter tires are a must here (I ride 19s in winter).

For my X still torn on wheel choices as the 22s just look so nice... So either go 22s in summer and 20s in winter or do the sensible thing and stick to 20s with 2 sets of tires.
Thanks for the correction. They take care of them better than they did when I lived there then. Of course, I wasn't driving then so my memory is based on riding my bmx bike. Ha! ;-)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC