TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tissue box in center console. 3rd party tray inserts .

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by ALSETJC, Dec 29, 2019.

1. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

Why hasn't any of those tray makers come up with a slot to feed tissues. Theres space under, so I create my own slit with a dremel. IMG_20191227_183757.jpg

Pardon the winter dirt which will be cleaned in April..lol

• Like x 2
  2. sa012

sa012 Member

I like the creativity!! I got the same tray and would maybe give it a try. Can you show some pics on what exactly you did and how/how much you cut out with the Dremel?

3. ALSETJC

ALSETJC Member

Nothing special , I cut about 1/4 wide by 3 inches long . Didn't do a great job as I had about 10 min. I then used hockey tape(yes I am Canadian) to soften the edges because I couldn't find electrical tape at the time, it's not quite smooth enough so I will replace the tape. I'm going to play around with it some more. I also had to sort of flatten and adjust the tissue box underneath. Once I sort these minor things out I'll post the final result of what worked best. As you know that tray isn't easy to pull out so having the pass through is really convenient since I stored the tissues there

• Like x 1