Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Titanium Model X's with HW 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they had problems with the application of the color in the factory. When I took delivery, the SC noticed paint pooling. One of the body shops in Houston did an excellent job of repainting almost the entire car. I could have rejected, but would have lost having the color since it was discontinued. I chose the repaint. It actually looked better than day of delivery. I recommend Katy Coach Works in Houston if you need work done. They specialize working on Teslas.
I agree that most be the case. With the non-Tesla people that have seen my MS in Titanium, the first thing they always comment on is the color of the car, everybody loves it. It always baffled me why Tesla would discontinue such a popular color, but then I recently started to realize that they must have stopped it because it was either too expensive to produce right, or they weren't getting consistent enough results, which would again go back to cost.

I also hope that someday they figure it out and bring it back. I think it's the prefect compromise for someone that wants more color than the black/grey/white, but not so bright as the red or so dark as the blue.

Reactions: Nosken
I am lucky to have found a Titanium Metallic S90D with AP2. It is my Unicorn. Built 11/16. This color was introduced only a couple weeks after I received my original Pearl White P85D, on lease. I instantly fell in love with the color.
I originally leased, because I knew that full autonomous driving would be coming down the road, and I didn't want to be committed to a car that only had auto pilot. Don't get me wrong, I loved the car and AP1.
At the end of last year, with the urgency of unlimited supercharging coupled with AP2, and availability of this great color, I jumped in. I had my car fully wrapped in XPel Ultimate.
Here are a few of my photos. You will notice the original 19" wheels. They are PlastDipped Black with Gold Metalizer. These are my Winter tires off the P85D. Tesla Model S Unicorn!

View attachment 220895
Very nice! I guess that makes three unicorns, titanium HW 2, so far; two Xs and one S. I am glad to be one of them.

Reactions: Nosken