Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Title/License Plate Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on 12/19, and before hand I asked Tesla to transfer some "logo" license plates I had to my new MS. I assumed (incorrectly) I could use my old plates on the MS right away. But on delivery they stated I have to wait for them to send me the registration with the transfer completed and to use the temp tag.

My issue is the car the logo plates are on I still have and own and am giving to my daughter who is taking it back to college out of state next week. I called the OH license bureau and they said if I got new plate for my old car it would make my logo plates un-transferable. Essentially I am stuck waiting on Tesla to do the transfer...The OH license bureau said dealers typically screw that process up. No idea if that is true or not.

So my question is I have been texting my SR, but no response. I am just looking for someone to talk to to see 1) where they are in the process 2) if it would be faster to just send me the title and forgot the transfer--then I could do it myself.

Is there anyone at Tesla outside my SR who I can contact about this? Thanks in advance.

It took Tesla California 3 weeks to mail me the documents I needed to register and Title my new car I bought in Cincinnati. It is a very bureaucratic process, and they completed the taxable value of my car wrong, adding $500 to my tax bill. The local county clerk helped me correct Tesla's error. I don't think you will have much luck with a "special situation" as they have difficulty with normal.

You have to call Tesla California, and they won't know who to connect you too. Tesla Cincinnati couldn't tell me anything about the process, as they said Tesla California handled everything. It is a black box process.

Thanks, I actually got with someone in delivery in Cinci, they had already sent the paperwork to the license bureau. So they could at least tell me that and that OH has had it since mid week last week. I am going to check back with them in a couple of days as they said they could also see where OH was with issuing the title. Appreciate the response @DerbyDave I might get luck and have the timing work out.

Reactions: DerbyDave