Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TLDR the fine print: can you cancel your order at any time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Max_G

Everything needs to be defined :)
Sep 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
Just ordered a M3, but really want a MY... which is not yet available in AU.
The idea is to sell the M3 once the MY is being delivered in AU.
Why?
I need the expense this financial year, but cannot see the MY delivered in AU before the end of June 2022.
I also see major delivery problems given the current energy and steel crisis, in conjunction with a financial crisis developing in China.
I'll get rid of the ICE car once the M3 arrived; at least I can self-supply the energy it needs no matter where energy (or fuel) prices may go.

Just in case I am getting cold feet on the M3, can I simply cancel the order and forfeit the $150? When is the last point in time to cancel?

Just ordered a M3, but really want a MY... which is not yet available in AU.
The idea is to sell the M3 once the MY is being delivered in AU.
Why?
I need the expense this financial year, but cannot see the MY delivered in AU before the end of June 2022.
I also see major delivery problems given the current energy and steel crisis, in conjunction with a financial crisis developing in China.
I'll get rid of the ICE car once the M3 arrived; at least I can self-supply the energy it needs no matter where energy (or fuel) prices may go.

Just in case I am getting cold feet on the M3, can I simply cancel the order and forfeit the $150? When is the last point in time to cancel?
Your answer is here. Fairly sure its the first one;

australia;

model 3 but not australia specific

Last edited:
Reactions: Max_G
Yes, thanks... made the effort to read the fine print.

For completeness sake, the relevant paragraph below (sourced on Oct 14, 2021 AEST)

"Order Process and Cancellation: If you are purchasing a Used vehicle from Inventory or a registered demonstrator, where applicable, the existing registration will be transferred to you. Interstate purchases are subject to new on road costs for your location and registration type. If you are purchasing a new vehicle, after you submit your completed order and the options you selected become available in production, we will begin the process of matching your order to a vehicle and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. Your Order Fee covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs. Your Order Fee is not a deposit for the Vehicle and it will not be credited towards your final purchase price. Until your Vehicle is registered in your name, you may cancel your order at any me. We incur significant costs in preparing and coordinating the delivery of your vehicle, including shipping logistics, so your Order Fee payment is non-refundable if you cancel your order. You acknowledge that the Order Fee is a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in processing your order, transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise impracticable or extremely difficult to determine."