TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TM could earn 250 million from selling CA Environmental Credits

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by AMPd, May 6, 2013.

1. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

From the article:

Wow - just wow. Just because other carmakers are failing to comply with long-known, established and agreed rules, it's now Tesla's fault? I know that most industries use regulations to keep out pesky competition by having enormous market entry barriers. Now that didn't work out in this case and what again hinders other carmakers to produce the cars Telsa is making?

I know for a fact, that many people would be very very happy if they could buy a Model S like car from BMW/Audi/Jaguar and potentially would even pay more. So tell me again how it is Tesla's fault that the other guys don't deliver?

2. SouthJerseyJon

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that I heard or read somewhere that when Elon said they were "profitable" that was *without* counting those credits...meaning that for this first quarter they should REALLY be in the plus. Basically those credits are funding the P85 loaners and likely the buildout of the supercharger network, service improvements, and whatever is "under our noses!" :) So keep those credits coming! While they can fair on their own without it now, those added funds are basically speeding up all the cool stuff!

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Granted I only skimmed it, but you read something into the article that I did not. I didn't read it as an indictment or an assault on Tesla.