Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TM could earn 250 million from selling CA Environmental Credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the article:

"At the end of the day, other carmakers are subsidizing Tesla," said Thilo Koslowski, an analyst at Gartner Inc.

Wow - just wow. Just because other carmakers are failing to comply with long-known, established and agreed rules, it's now Tesla's fault? I know that most industries use regulations to keep out pesky competition by having enormous market entry barriers. Now that didn't work out in this case and what again hinders other carmakers to produce the cars Telsa is making?

I know for a fact, that many people would be very very happy if they could buy a Model S like car from BMW/Audi/Jaguar and potentially would even pay more. So tell me again how it is Tesla's fault that the other guys don't deliver?

I'm pretty sure that I heard or read somewhere that when Elon said they were "profitable" that was *without* counting those credits...meaning that for this first quarter they should REALLY be in the plus. Basically those credits are funding the P85 loaners and likely the buildout of the supercharger network, service improvements, and whatever is "under our noses!" :) So keep those credits coming! While they can fair on their own without it now, those added funds are basically speeding up all the cool stuff!