TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TM event in Geneva January 28th-31th

Discussion in 'News' started by felix pius, Jan 9, 2009.

1. felix pius

felix pius Member

Tesla motors is staying officially in switzerland for the first time! :biggrin:

I'll glad to be there on saturday 31th, I tried to contact s.rochefort for more information, waiting for an answer. Does somebody know if it is open for test ride or drive only for customers or also for fans?

Tesla Motors - events

Felix

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

3. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Clients & Prospects Test Drive Session

4 days will be dedicated in Geneva (future location of one of our EU Dealership)

Wednesday January 28th
    Thursday January 29th
    Friday January 30th
    Saturday January 31st

Hôtel La Réserve - 301 Route de Lausanne - 1293 Bellevue - GENEVA

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Just a bit of pedantry - but Geneva isn't actually in the EU (just). Of course, it is European.

5. felix pius

felix pius Member

Test driving the Tesla

Finally had the opportunity to test drive the roadster. After showing the drivetrain, which I have seen already in details on fotos on this site, I entered onto the driving seat - missing somewhat a bigger place for my legs, but finally got carefully on the seat.
    After slowly getting out of the parking lot, it has to be noted, that the inverter works exactly and reacts immediately but not to hard to the accelerator. This often direct and impressive reaction to the accelerator must be characteristic for sports cars - I have never driven a sportscar with internal combustion engine, and probably won't, but this car should be different. So at the first meters driven, for some moments I missed the soft, slightly luxury feeling when I'm driving my Toyota Prius Hybrid.
    But then I tried to get out the maximum of acceleration out of this car - impressive! I felt the constant high torque. It feels somehow like the acceleration you feel in an airplane, when it begins to accelerate before the takeoff. In fact during a tenth of a second I feared - or hoped to accelerate further and take off like an airplane!:wink:

Tesla will be at the International Autoshow in Geneva, presenting the Tesla Roadster and the Brabus Roadster - hope I can be there again.

6. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks Felix!
    Did you take any photos? Which car was it?

7. felix pius

felix pius Member

Hi Doug,

No fotos, there was too much emotion - the car had a white colour, the part behind the hardtop was in carbon fiber finish - black-read seats if I remember well. Also Simon was quite busy but was so generous to offer my 8 year old son a little ride around the parking.:cool:

8. doug

#8 doug, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009

Did it have a red steering wheel? Sounds like maybe VP19.

9. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

White colour? VP19 is silver - VP4 is white, unless they have another now.

However VP19 was off to Geneva after I saw it last week.

10. doug

Yeah, sometimes people mistake silver for a "white colour."

11. felix pius

felix pius Member

Sure. you're right, it was silver - didn't remember it exactly. Also red steering wheel is correct - must have been VP 19 then.

I will be on the show in Geneva in march to get some pics of the Tesla and other EV who will soon enter in production.